Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lsat score going down 2 weeks before the june exam

jgsiscojgsisco Alum Member
in June 2017 LSAT 38 karma

Hey everyone,

I'm currently registered for the June LSAT, and have been studying since December. I've been aiming for the 166-170 range since my diagnostic. I eventually worked my way up throughout the semester to averaging a 163, and immediately following my final exams, I scored a 169 (maybe because I had a break from looking at the LSAT for 2 weeks?). For about 3 PTs after the 169, I averaged a 166 or so. Since then (so in the last week and a half/two weeks) I've seen a steady decline in my scores, to averaging a 164 again after another 4 PTs and a low 160 this afternoon (sigh). Other than the few tests that I performed really sub-par on, my BR has been sitting consistently around 173-175.

Has anyone else had a similar experience while studying, or have any advice about this? Obviously it's pretty frustrating to see a decrease in your scores when you'd expect some improvement in the final stretch.

Thanks!

Comments

• jaefromcanadajaefromcanada Alum Member
    315 karma

We are literally in the exact same situation.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Take a break.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jaefromcanada said:
    We are literally in the exact same situation.
    Keep on keeping on.
    Take a break.

Yup. This. Just relax and take a couple days off. It will do you wonders!

• jgsiscojgsisco Alum Member
    38 karma

I think you guys are probably right, thank you!!

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

Break time. Please read my most recent post if you get a chance to. Get like 30 minutes of exercise a day, eat nutritious food and take a day off. Continue to get exercise in and eat clean daily after your day off and if you're studying for long hours, cut it down.

Same exact thing happened to me and I took a break and come back to face palm at stupid mistakes I made.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Great BR score. Your understanding of the fundamentals is clearly solid enough for your score range. Focus on pacing and time management. Make sure you're not getting bogged down on questions you're likely to miss anyway. With your score/BR spread, that's where you're going to see the next bump in your score: Improve your pacing, improve your score.