Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on how to BR reading comp.

Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member

Hey everyone, I am confused as to how we are suppose to BR reading comprehension. Can someone give me a brief explanation. Thanks :)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I simply re-read the passaged untimed and write line citations near any of the answers. I'll often read it twice during blind review too.

• Maximus4Maximus4 Alum Member
    206 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I simply re-read the passaged untimed and write line citations near any of the answers. I'll often read it twice during blind review too.

Can you explain what you mean by "write line citations near any of the answers". Thanks.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Maximus4 said:
    Hey everyone, I am confused as to how we are suppose to BR reading comprehension. Can someone give me a brief explanation. Thanks :)

In blind review I read the whole passage and try to actually write down my process under time. So after reading each paragraph I write down my low and high resolution summary. At the end of passage I write in the passage's main point.

I then watch JY's video and see if I had my summaries and main point are correct. After that I do my question timed. Any question I then had difficulty with, I do what I do for blind review for LR. I write in why each answer is correct vs wrong. I then watch JY's explanation and see how I did not just in terms of score but also my thought process.

I then compare it to my timed score and see the difference. I try to figure out if I got something wrong why I got it wrong under time and I write in a possible action that I could have taken to avoid this on future questions.

• rochelleb180rochelleb180 Alum Member
    53 karma

Hi Sami, I would love to know what is a high and low resolution? I've seen this concept bantered around on this forum and would like to use it. Thank you in advance.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Hi @rochelleb180

Low resolution of each paragraph would be a very short, couple of words, main point summary of the paragraph.

High Resolution would be a detailed summary.

For reference check out: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-44-section-1-passage-3-passage/#comment-60852

I have posted my one of my summary here.

I hope this helps.