Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 68 Logic Games

polsckenpolscken Alum Member
edited August 2014 in Logic Games 199 karma
Ok, I just finished PT 68 with a 166. I found the Logic Games to be remarkably easy and I've heard people say that the LG's have been getting easier. I haven't taken 68-72 yet, but I am curious as to whether or not this a characteristic of the newer tests. What do y'all think?

Comments

• David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    edited August 2014 571 karma
    Wow, i think few will agree with you on the logic games, particularly game 4. Even Graeme Blake missed 2 on that one in his timed take of it.
  • vandyzachvandyzach Free Trial Member
    358 karma
    I think PT 68 Game 4 is a great example of where logic games can play to your strengths or weaknesses.

There are a couple of baby inferences to make up-front, but other than those (and they don't help you hardly at all), there is a TON of plug and chug in this game. Many local questions kick no rules, at least that I could see without drawing them out.

Games like these test your mental aptitude, but in a different way than games where you can basically solve the whole game up-front. Games like these, in my opinion, test your ability to remain calm more so than games where you can solve the whole thing sup=front, because in the back of your mind, you're thinking "Holy crap- I'm doing so much brute forcing in this game, did I miss something?". Then there's another questions where nothing kicks. And another. And another. At this point, the doubt becomes even more prevalent.

Sorry I kind of rambled here, but I do think different types of logic games test different abilities. You definitely have the ability that this game tests, so good work! And yes, this is generally considered a very hard game!
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    Haha! That is right on the money. That game was all plug and chug. I've been testing fairly regularly in the low to mid 160s and hit a 166 on this one. Hopefully I can continue to do well on these recent tests.

I appreciate the answers.
  • deedee09deedee09 Alum Member
    12 karma
    You definitely should not assume logic games are getting easier. Preptest 72 has a pretty difficult linear game so definitely check that one out just to get an idea of how they can make pure sequencing games harder. Also I took the June 2014 one, and the logic game was REALLY difficult, especially the last one, I'm sure you have heard. Hope this helps :D
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    PT 72 is the June 2014 test. Which one has the difficult linear game? 71, maybe?
  • deedee09deedee09 Alum Member
    12 karma
    The December 2013 one whichever that number is...my bad.
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    edited August 2014 199 karma
    I will for sure. I'm trying not to assume anything. I'm saving the last four for the last four weeks leading into the exam. I have taken a ton of PTs though and really struggled with the Logic Games from earlier tests. Maybe I've just finally drilled these rules and setups into my head enough to make it feel like second nature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    I'll agree with OP. The games were pretty easy. Particuarly the voicemail/web game. Finished with a lot of time to review.