Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! June LSAT!

trying2getIt2gethertrying2getIt2gether Alum Member
edited June 2017 in June 2017 LSAT 11 karma

Hey guys,

So my problem is the my test is next week and I have been devoting so much time to LR, that I am kind of still slipping up in LG. I have the fundamentals so I think, but I'm still bombing the LG. I have the powerscore books and I'm trying to Drill. While there isn't that many questions in the Starter to do on 7sage to help me practice I'm lost. Im not pushing my test back! I think I'm getting overwhelmed and btw i already at Test my goal is pretty low but it will get me into school. Judge or me or not but all I need is about half the test right. How do I get back on top of LG. I don't know where I'm slipping. Any advice for LG or overall tactics??

Comments

• Laabradir33Laabradir33 Alum Member
    161 karma

feel ya..so nervous for the june lsat as well :(

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Cut out PS, their LG tactics are not helping. Try the free 7sage ones. If you can get rid of enough of the clunky PS LG tactics that you're using in a couple days, you could up your LG. Another reason to get rid of PS is that LG bible won't help you with the random undefined games.

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

I wouldn't completely cut powerscore, but I agree that their notation and tactics can be overly complicated. I think other than the section on numerical distributions (which actually is very helpful, at least in my experience), you can scrap a lot of it for JY's methods. I think in particular, splitting game boards and dealing with 2-group games as In/Out are massively helpful 7sage tips that powerscore ignores.

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

@tdampeer said:
    Hey guys,

So my problem is the my test is next week and I have been devoting so much time to LR, that I am kind of still slipping up in LG. I have the fundamentals so I think, but I'm still bombing the LG. I have the powerscore books and I'm trying to Drill. While there isn't that many questions in the Starter to do on 7sage to help me practice I'm lost. Im not pushing my test back! I think I'm getting overwhelmed and btw i already at Test my goal is pretty low but it will get me into school. Judge or me or not but all I need is about half the test right. How do I get back on top of LG. I don't know where I'm slipping. Any advice for LG or overall tactics??

Also, if I may ask, why are you so adamant on taking the June test instead of pushing it back to September? Taking it in September wouldn't affect the application cycle at all, and would give you much more time to shore up your logic games.

• trying2getIt2gethertrying2getIt2gether Alum Member
    11 karma

yes its completely out i want to go in the fall, and the school I'm looking at are just waiting on my score lol.

@dantlee14 said:

@tdampeer said:
    Hey guys,

Also, if I may ask, why are you so adamant on taking the June test instead of pushing it back to September? Taking it in September wouldn't affect the application cycle at all, and would give you much more time to shore up your logic games.

11 karma

yea, i think i will just go back over that because maybe my mind is going through both methods.

@dantlee14 said:
    I wouldn't completely cut powerscore, but I agree that their notation and tactics can be overly complicated. I think other than the section on numerical distributions (which actually is very helpful, at least in my experience), you can scrap a lot of it for JY's methods. I think in particular, splitting game boards and dealing with 2-group games as In/Out are massively helpful 7sage tips that powerscore ignores.

11 karma

any strategies? overall?

@"nessa.k13.0" said:
    Cut out PS, their LG tactics are not helping. Try the free 7sage ones. If you can get rid of enough of the clunky PS LG tactics that you're using in a couple days, you could up your LG. Another reason to get rid of PS is that LG bible won't help you with the random undefined games.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

First problem, is that your test is next week. Come on man you aren't ready. If you're going to take it anyway PS/MLSAT/7Sage aren't going to help; time and practice will.

If you are going to take is anyway, I would just go through the 7Sage LG CC. Do the problem sets and do them over and over. Repetition will be your friend! :)

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2017 4141 karma

@trying2getIt2gether ideally completely abandon them and take the test in Sept. You have access to a much better curriculum. If you want to cut parts and apply...hmm first I would practice and learn how to do the in/out games and then I would do some notoriously unusual games. To select such games I'd Google search and check this forum for hard games.

TBH I'm not sure how much doing this is going to help because under timed conditions you are gonna revert back to your habits. I say this because it is very unlikely you are going to be able to both learn new concepts and a new notation strategy in addition to repeating enough games over and over then testing your understanding. If I were to attempt this (and I would delay to the Sept test) I would do a strict trial run of a recent LG section I'd never seen before. What I'm concerned will likely happen is that next Monday you'll revert back to your old PS habits and/or do worse because you'll be trying to implement parts of concepts you haven't completed learning.

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

You're in luck. Take a bunch of logic games, and drill the hell out of them. This method of brute force studying works for logic games given you have a fundamental understanding and given you have 6 days and can study 6 hours a day, you should be able to do them with your eyes closed! :)

Atleast for me. I hope the same would work for you.

11 karma

So do the LG CC, and find some in some test and do them? Thanks for the positivity! > @Kewlaidd said:

You're in luck. Take a bunch of logic games, and drill the hell out of them. This method of brute force studying works for logic games given you have a fundamental understanding and given you have 6 days and can study 6 hours a day, you should be able to do them with your eyes closed! :)

Atleast for me. I hope the same would work for you.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    If you are going to take is anyway, I would just go through the 7Sage LG CC. Do the problem sets and do them over and over. Repetition will be your friend! :)

I agree with this. If you REALLY need to take the test this week, you should just go through 7Sage LG CC. Just going through 7Sage LG (without foolproofing) helped me get 3/4 games correct.