Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

While doing the Core Curriculum, do you drill after finishing a certain type of question?

Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
in General 429 karma

Hey, I recently started the CC and I was curious to know are you all drilling question types while doing CC or do you guys wait until after you have completely finished CC?

Comments

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    edited June 2017 659 karma

I would suggest drilling a few of the problem sets after the material is freshly learned and watching all of the explanation videos for those questions. I would also suggest leaving a problem set (or two or three or more, depending on how many there are) to come back for review. As you move into the PT phase, you may identify that you struggle with a specific question type. It's good to have a few drills saved in the problem sets to address these issues when they inevitably arise. Also, get the most out of drilling. Drill some questions, BR them, and then look at the answers and explanations. This will help you to internalize the information faster by forcing you to truly breakdown why an answer is right or wrong. When you get to PT'ing, this skill and practice will translate into completing questions more efficiently.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yeah, I think after completing a lesson it's best to do as many as you need to truly "get it." That's always going to vary. But definitely do enough that you understand the ins and outs of each question and how to properly execute a strategy to solve them.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I drill each lesson until I get it. It takes forever but I don't want to get to the end of the CC and realize I learned nothing.

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

Thank you all! That was very much needed advice! :smile: