Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most important/effective lifestyle changes to make before the Sept. LSAT?

CinnamonTeaCinnamonTea Member
in General 550 karma

Hi all,

Shooting for September here. What are the most important/effective lifestyle changes to make before that date? Also, why?

This post is particularly aimed towards top scorers who have already taken the test/are taking soon,

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I started listening to podcasts before bed because the light pollution from the screen was keeping me up until all hours. I found a perfect mixture of medications I take for anxiety and sleep problems. I also started eating dinner a bit later so I wouldn't have the midnight munchies.

I don't think there is a most important change, just depends on your lifestyle. I've always been a fit guy, so I'm not going to start exercising. I did used to drink a lot with friends after work (like 4 nights a week) so that was something most important to me to stop. I was acting like Wags from Billions if you've seen the show.... Clearly this was not conducive to taking an important test.

Then there's the normal stuff: exercise, eat healthy, get plenty of sleep. Stuff you should be doing anyways, but if you're not already doing it, bet it won't hurt!

HTH

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited June 2017 1997 karma

I've made the decision to eat healthier and cut alcohol out of my diet entirely. (I cheated a bit and waited to start the alcohol part until after my buddies bachelor party last weekend though :lol: ). Those are easy and you'll likely hear them recommended regularly.

Some other less common things I'm making a conscious effort to do :

-Don't waste as much time on stupid things. I'm a guy who likes to play his video games. I completely removed these from my office room. I constantly found myself burning 15-30 minutes between sections (or changing gears between anything LSAT related), by playing a game of FIFA or Rocket League. If I gain an extra 15 minutes per day up until test day, that's a huge improvement on study time.

-Read before bed. The lack of phone/computer time has been proven to help you sleep better. And I've been focusing my reading choices on stuff that should help my reading abilities on the LSAT (The Economist, Logic Books, Historical Biographies, etc).

-This is entirely personal because of how busy I've been the last month, but I cut out my weekly volleyball league starting in July. It'll give me an extra 3 hours per week that I desperately need, and even though I love playing, it's only a temporary sacrifice. I'm sure I'll still play from time to time, but I constantly found myself stressing every week I went because I was going to be missing out on a valuable chunk of time that I could have spent uninterrupted (which is rare for me)