Need study tips - Should I wait to practice harder questions until after completing the CC?

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
in General 3679 karma

Hi all!

I'm about 40% completed with the core curriculum, and am already getting the hang of the easiest questions sets... should I start doing some harder questions from the question bank now or completely finish the CC first before going back and reviewing harder questions after I'm done?

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2017 4141 karma

Hi @tringo335 !
    I think if you have the hang of east questions you should definitely challenge yourself and try hard questions too. This way you can better check your understanding and go back to the specific section in the lesson you should review. Only thing--don't use questions beyond PTs in the 50s. Idk if you have copies of the early LSAT PTs but use the q bank and definitely challenge yourself after you learn the concept.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I think a good mix is healthy. Don't do them all though. It will bog you down and burn material that will be more beneficial later. Work the easy sets until you're comfortable, then try out a few harder ones before moving on if you'd like. The sets will still be there, and once you start PTing, you can use them much more effectively.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Like everybody else said, I think it's good to mix in a few of the tougher problem sets every now and then. I did that when I was going through the CC just to assess where I was in terms of understanding the fundamentals of attacking a certain question type. It can be a humbling experience at times which I think is great.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:
    Like everybody else said, I think it's good to mix in a few of the tougher problem sets every now and then. I did that when I was going through the CC just to assess where I was in terms of understanding the fundamentals of attacking a certain question type. It can be a humbling experience at times which I think is great.

Basically this. There's no right or wrong way. Buddy of mine on here said she just did them all after each lesson. It actually didn't turn out bad (test wise, got a 167 or something)

My philosophy has always been to just to do them all until I'm comfortable and not getting anything more out of them. For the more challenging question types, you may very well have to spend exponential more time. God know I did every S.A. set like 2x. Another thing is to not be afraid of retaking questions, tests, etc.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Sorry for the late reply -- I've been bogged down this week. Thanks everyone; great advice!