Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT dreams and nightmares? Have you had them, and how bad was it?

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

This is a X-post from R/LSAT so any reddit users here you may have seen this already.

Last night I had a nightmare about the LSAT. I was taking the actual test and really had to go to the bathroom, (nightmare enough). I got up to go to the restroom, and on the way back I got lost in the halls. I started to panic and ask people for directions. They only responded with logical flaws.

"I'm sorry but you are confusing your sufficient and necessary statements."

"You equivocated the term restroom"

It felt like I was actually in hell. Then I woke up and now find it funny.

So 7sage, what LSAT dreams/nightmares have you experienced?

Comments

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

The night before the LSAT (so Sunday night) I dreamed the LSAT was completely based on My Cousin Vinny. The RC passages were all about finding the murder weapon (the gun) and the getaway car (a mint-green Pontiac tempest), and I had to take the LSAT in the middle of the court room while the trial was going on. Guess that's what I get for watching My Cousin Vinny to get my mind off the test? Haha but no real nightmares.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2017 9377 karma

Last week I was blind reviewing a question for several hours......in my dream. I don't remember exactly what the question was, but it was a bizarre argument and I couldn't figure it out while I was sleeping. lol

I was like, "Wait, is this context? Premise? Is this circular reasoning? What does this word mean????"

When I woke up, I knew I needed some break from LSAT studying.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/l2Sq19fT9BPnEmCdi/giphy.gif

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I don't have dreams about the LSAT......yet, but, literally every time I see or hear a logical indicator my LSAT brain is triggered and I find myself negating the sufficient or necessary and finding the contrapositive. The LSAT has become ingrained in my DNA

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

I've had nightmares four nights in a row. Each time it's been about the proctor or the environment -- people partying in the room, or the proctor not knowing how to tell time. Took the exam on Monday and it turns out I had nothing to worry about.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

No nightmares per say. I had a strange dream where I was just studying and the test was approaching. In my dream I think it was within the next 2 weeks or so.
    In my dream, I woke up in some sort of weird LSAT bootcamp. We all had our laptops open to what appeared to be a 7Sage-like program and began studying very early at 7am. I felt pretty confident actually and like I was ready for the test. But like anything, I began to doubt myself, and became sort of panicked and woke up.

All I can say is that I hope I can achieve that confidence I had when I was drilling in my dreams.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I had one where I took the LSAT twice before I was ready:/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Now that would be what I considered a nightmare. Or worse, having never found 7Sage and still be studying using only the Bibles! ;)

• nicole.brooklynnicole.brooklyn Alum Member
    341 karma

When I was PTing I would often dream about taking PTs... like whole PTs. That my subconscious authored. I would even dream-struggle between answers before committing to the right one. I took it as a good sign... extra study time & catching Zzz's simultaneously! Alternatively, I was toeing the line of insanity.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"nicole.burdakin" said:
    When I was PTing I would often dream about taking PTs... like whole PTs. That my subconscious authored. I would even dream-struggle between answers before committing to the right one. I took it as a good sign... extra study time & catching Zzz's simultaneously! Alternatively, I was toeing the line of insanity.

Aren't dreams the most powerful subconscious thing sometimes? The fact your mind subconsciously authored PTs in your sleep..... I remember for a long time, I would experience full dreams of doing (what seemed to be) accurate work of writing equations into Excel. Numbers added up, things made sense, and sometimes a good idea or two would even come to me.

• annannannannannann Alum Member
    304 karma

I took a sleep psychology class in undergrad and we learned that dreaming improves task performance, if the content of the dream is specific to the task in some way! So I go to sleep hoping I dream about the LSAT lol

Here's the link if you want to read more about it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3079906/

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

I can't say I ever had a nightmare about the LSAT, but on more than one occasion, especially as the test approached, I would wake up in the middle of the night with logic games game boards running through my head.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I keep having this recurring dream that I'm about to find out if I got into law school (either by mail or phone) and right before I get the answer I fast forward like an hour and I'm crying but I can't tell if it's happy tears or sad tears lol. I usually wake up either super motivated or depressed ha!

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    edited June 2017 656 karma

A few nights ago, following a bout of insomnia where I was studying half-asleep and just doing everything wrong, I took a few minutes to get my materials organized. Whipped out my trusty label maker and a stack of binders and made binders for: CC/Reference, Logic Games, Drills, Blind Review, Review, and Archives for old troublesome PT issues. Went directly to bed after considering how much studying I've got left to do since I am still in CC. And then the sorta bad dream. I live in Florida, and in my dream I had gone to the beach for a couple days weekend break at a resort (I never actually go to the beach in real life). I had brought all my materials with me, and had them spread out on the patio in boxes. Next thing I knew, the beach area was being evacuated because of an impending hurricane, and I was loading my LSAT stuff onto a crowded bus. I had only moved 1 PT on the bus, and then got distracted. Next thing I knew the bus was moving, and I was trying to get off to retrieve my binders, PT's, notes, and computer. I could not get off the bus. I asked the driver if he'd be going back to the resort to take more people off shore. He laughed at me and said no way. I begged. cried. Offered to pay him. Nothing. I was there trying to pry at the windows and doors of a moving school bus to try to escape and get back to my notes, which I kept envisioning all my LSAT materials getting whisked into a tornado. I woke up sweating. Sigh. I'm opting to try to read fiction literature before bed instead of having LSAT stuff in my bed until I'm dead tired.

• -ObbuddO--ObbuddO- Alum Member
    236 karma

I had one couple weeks ago that I was doing all those math problems during the LSAT test, I knew the test was for law schools, so I was trying to use conditional logic to solve some kind of trigonometric question, but I couldn't figure out anything. Then all of sudden everyone else in the room ordered KFC and just started eating, but none of them was for me because I was the only one still sweating over the test. It was horrible, like I haven't had that enough in high school. One of the reasons I think LSAT is better than other graduate school exams is because there's no math. LSAT really just brought out my biggest fears.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited June 2017 3072 karma

I've had dreams about the LSAT. Usually I'm frantically trying to improvise a logic game for whatever is happening in the dream. Some of these dreams seem more like nightmares lol.

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

I'm starting to have nightmares about watching the scantron go through the machine. Last night, I watched it score my LG (-5), and I was like...welp...September here I come

• napiershnapiersh Alum Member
    23 karma

Yes! I was late getting to the exam center and the test had already begun. Then I realized I didn't even have a pencil!

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Now that would be what I considered a nightmare. Or worse, having never found 7Sage and still be studying using only the Bibles! ;)

Hey, now! They're not that bad. :P

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:

Hey, now! They're not that bad. :P

I actually agree haha! :)

• SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma

I've legit been having LSAT dreams for the last three nights in a row lol..

Last night I dreamt I was taking the LSAT, only it was this weird twisted puzzle and I was trying to figure it out..

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited June 2017 13286 karma

This is awesome, loved reading all of your dreams/nightmares and experiences. Just remember, our brains are masters of making things seem worse than they are. The real LSAT is nothing more than a test or a growing experience and you can do it. Only in our minds does this test take on a life of it's own and become the monster we can not beat!