CC - to complete? & how long did it take?

JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
edited June 2017 in General 175 karma

I am cosidering purchasing a package to complete the CC. For a bit of background: I previously self studied from January until June, with the intention of taking the June LSAT. As the test approached I wasn't scoring consistently at my target score so I postponed for the September LSAT.

I've learned all the fundamentals through self study and taken around 27 pts with scores ranging from 150s to low 160s. My questions are:
- should I run through the CC considering my situation?
- how long does it take to go through the CC? I will have the summer full time to study. (I would like to keep most of my time to PTs and BR while also fool proofing games)

I've taken a week off to reset so I don't burn out. Any other tips for what to do until September would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@JDtobeeee said:
    I am cosidering purchasing a package to complete the CC. For a bit of background: I previously self studied from January until June, with the intention of taking the June LSAT. As the test approached I wasn't scoring consistently at my target score so I postponed for the September LSAT.

I've learned all the fundamentals through self study and taken around 27 pts with scores ranging from 150s to low 160s. My questions are:
    - how long does it take to go through the CC? I will have the summer full time to study. (I would like to keep most of my time to PTs and BR while also fool proofing games)

I've taken a week off to reset so I don't burn out. Any other tips for what to do until September would be appreciated!

Thank you!

You can make your custom study schedule on this page:
    https://7sage.com/study-schedule/

What materials have you used so far for your self study? I have done Powerscore Bibles and LSAT Trainer before 7Sage, but I find 7Sage much more helpful in understanding the fundamentals.

Good luck :smile:

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited June 2017 23929 karma

@JDtobeeee said:

Thank you!

Yes, I believe anyone and everyone studying for this test has so much to get from the CC. JY is just absolutely phenomenal at making the concepts on the LSAT understandable with the strategies that you'll be given.

How long is really a personal thing. It also depends on the package you get as well. I think doing ~3.5 hours of lesson/day, I finished the (Ultimate +) CC in just shy of 2.5 months.That did NOT include fool proofing. It DID, however, include all the problem sets / video review though.

I think finishing in 6 weeks is a reasonable goal if you have 4 hours a day 6 days a week.

But one of the beautiful things of 7Sage is as @akistotle says, you can make and adjust your own schedule. It's such a convenient feature!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I think doing ~3.5 hours of lesson/day, I finished the (Ultimate +) CC in just shy of 2.5 months.That did NOT include fool proofing. It DID, however, include all the problem sets / video review though.

This was my experience as well.

I also began the cc with nearly an identical background as you. The cc is full of useful lessons and I highly recommend it for everyone. I've done Blue Print, LSAT Hacks, the Bibles, and LSAT Trainer. There is value in the Bibles and I still use the LSAT Trainer, but 7Sage far surpasses them all. I think the reason for that is the emphasis on learning LSAT logic. The same emphasis was not given in other courses. If you haven't mastered logic yet, this course is worth it for that alone.

I would also recommend you take advantage of the discussion forum as you have done here. There are lots of really experienced LSATers including those who've test 170+ who actively answer questions here. Also, the webinars have been a great resource for me; especially the one on skipping strategy and any of those that share a personal story ending in 170+.

Good luck!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I did the LSAT Trainer for one hour a day for about 2-3 months and it was a pretty good resource; my score went up about 13 points but I seemed to just not get anything else from it. When searching for another resource, because I will still about 20 points away from my goal, I stumbled upon 7Sage. I too was reluctant to invest in another resource, but I bit the bullet and did it and... My God what a Life Changer! JY is a God-send, and I don't say that lightly. He truly has a gift for teaching LSAT logic in a fun, in-depth and easy to learn way. I'm just thankful I live in a time when JY and 7 Sage resources are around. Like the posters above, if you have the whole summer to study full-time, you'll definitely have time to finish the CC and get some valuable resources not only from the curriculum but also from the discussion forum. Everyone is really nice and helpful and you'll get encouragement and useful tactics from people who went through the same curriculum, scored a 170+ and are nice enough to still hang around and give advice. There are also admissions forums and study group calls that are extremely useful. OK I'm done waxing poetic about 7Sage. To sum up: Yes, you should do it.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@JDtobeeee What is your target score, by the way?

• Zachary_PZachary_P Member
    659 karma

As was said by some others above, it took me about 2.5 - 3 months to get through the CC as well. My first PT post-CC I scored exactly one point higher than my diagnostic test. One point. I was a bit discouraged, but then I read too many forum threads to count and watched a few webinars about how to study for the LSAT once one completes the 7sage CC. Hint: it still includes the CC.

At that point I was still at least ten points away from where I wanted to end up. During the BR process, I revisited the CC numerous times to sharpen up different skills. At first I went back to understand conditional and causation logic in the way that the LSAT actually tests it. Then I moved on to studying question types. And then I progressed to studying more specific grammar parsing. I think the first time through the CC is instructional in that it lays the groundwork for understanding the "bones" of the LSAT, but I got much more out of it by utilizing it during my PT phase because by then I had a better understanding of the actual test. This helped me understand why certain concepts were relevant and how they might apply directly to the test itself.

My point is that you might be able to tackle the CC a little bit quicker since you have prepared for quite some time. I would still focus in on parts that JY teaches differently than say PS or some other resource. Where it could really come in useful then is when you're reviewing your PT's in BR and doing subsequent practice to tighten up weaknesses.

At a certain point, preparing for the LSAT does become a self-study, but having access to all of the resources of the CC the first time through the course - and especially as you enter the BR process - is invaluable in shaping your personalized course of study. Another fantastic resource of joining is the question bank. You can search through old tests for specific question/game/passage types or by difficulty. This is a great tool for drilling. I highly recommend the investment.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma

I was aiming for 170's and I started over with a clean slate. You'll be able to move at a somewhat more accelerated pace because you've got some background knowledge already, but I definitely recommend starting over and taking your time to really adopt the 7Sage strategies and methodologies.

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    175 karma

@jkatz1488 aiming for 160+, my goal is 165

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    175 karma

Thank you all for your advice! I really appreciate it. I am working on the CC currently :smile: