PT12.S4.Q16 - chlorofluorocarbons are the best possible solvents

rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
edited June 2017 in Logical Reasoning 213 karma

So I chose A because I thought that answer was the one that was most proven based upon on the stimulus and I thought E was a close second but I didn't choose it because it seems a little far fetched saying that the cleanser will " make relatively greater contributions" and another forum had said " If the chlorofluorocarbons were a contributing factor in meeting the emissions standards and they are phased out of the process, something else must have allowed auto makers to continue to mee the more stringent emissions standards - best expressed in answer choice (E)" but I don't see the stimulus saying that the standards have been met, I saw it as that they (in the future) will have to meet the emission standards. Can someone explain the reasoning to me please??? TYA!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2017 9377 karma

Stimulus
    1) CFCs are the best possible solvents for cleaning the electronic sensors.
    2) CFCs are important in helping car makers meet standards of laws.
    3) Car makers have to phase out the use of CFCs.
    4) The standards are becoming more strict.

@rogersalexandra7 said:
    but I don't see the stimulus saying that the standards have been met, I saw it as that they (in the future) will have to meet the emission standards.

In the question stem, we are told that cars continue to meet the emission standards. So if CFCs are the best and car makers have to phase them out, then something else must allow car makers to meet the standards.