Not necessarily true...Not necessarily false...CBT...CBF

hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
edited June 2017 in General 342 karma

#1 How do you interpret Not necessarily true & Not necessarily false?
Do you assume that they are the same?
Or
"Not necessarily true" as CBF (could be false) &
"Not necessarily false" as CBT (could be true)???
I mean "Not necessarily true" can mean something could be true in some cases but also false in other cases,
and "Not necessarily false" can mean something could be false in some cases but also true in other cases,
which are essentially same in my mind.
#2 For CBT questions, is CBF an incorrect answer or a correct answer?
I am assuming neither... because I think they can have some kind of intersection for each phenomenon encompassing only part of section (could), rather than whole (must)...
Plz help!!! Thank you!!! <3

Comments

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    2426 karma

While I agree there is an intersection between CBT and CBF, I don't think you'll ever need to worry about the distinction in terms of the correct ACs on the LSAT. If it's a CBT question, the 4 wrong ACs then MBF, (vice versa for CBF ones) or else we'll have two correct ACs, and that's something I have yet encountered on this test.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@"Heart Shaped Box" said:
    While I agree there is an intersection between CBT and CBF, I don't think you'll ever need to worry about the distinction in terms of the correct ACs on the LSAT. If it's a CBT question, the 4 wrong ACs then MBF, (vice versa for CBF ones) or else we'll have two correct ACs, and that's something I have yet encountered on this test.

I agree. You don't really have to worry about the distinction between CBT and CBF.

Do you have any examples of the actual LSAT questions that confused you, @d931n027h ?

• hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
    342 karma

Thank you both @"Heart Shaped Box" @akistotle !
    I didn't have any LSAT question that confused me, but for some reason I was obsessed with finding correct and incorrect answer for MBT, CBT, CBF, and MBF questions. After reading your comments, though, I decided to just stick to the idea of the types, instead of looking for every possibilities. Thank you both again <3 <3 :)