PT21.S1.G2

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited June 2017 in Logic Games 1723 karma

So people seemed to have an easy time with this one , but i am having a rough time with it. I am improving drastically with the games. But does this mean i am weak in conditionality? With seeing contrapositives? I didnt think i had these weaknesses.
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-21-section-1-game-2/

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Ah this is a fun game! I wouldn't say it necessarily means that you are weak in conditionality. What specifically are you finding difficult about this game? Timing? Comprehension?

What unlocked this game for me was once I began to split, I saw how few worlds there actually are. I don't remember exactly how many boards I wound up with, but considering there are only 3 groups per board, even 4 or 5 worlds is not a lot of work.

• Heart Shaped BoxHeart Shaped Box Alum Member
    edited June 2017 2426 karma

One of the difficulties could come from the repeating name of game pieces; instead of several unique ones we normally get (e.g F G H X Y X) The rule says things like: G2 ---> G1, P/Y3 ---> P2, etc. I know it triped me up the first time I did it, i was really uncomfortable reading the rules due to the visual representation even though knowing it's nothing but some simple conditionals. So I would focus on the position of game pieces (conditionality) and cover up the ones with my fingers when seeing the contrapositive, such as P/Y1 is the same as saying /G1.

J's advocate for splitting is a good approach too, it certainly helps you unpack the underlying logic.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Yeah thanks splittin. Rlly helped