Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which watch to watch during the test?

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

I'm thinking it is time to switch up the way I'm doing timed sections. Right now I have my phone stop watch run and pay 0 attention to it. I stop it when I get to the end of my section, record my time and move on.

I think it's time to go analog. I'm not sure if I'll even want a physical watch on test day, but it cannot hurt to train with one. That being said I'm looking for suggestions.

The 180 watch seems pricey but does seem to fit the LSAT very well.

There is also the Perfect Score watch but Amazon has mixed reviews on it.

What do you guys use to time yourself with. What are the pros/cons?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I think the 180 has the nicest features, but I didn't buy it because it as I felt the price was ridiculous.

I purchased the Toptier Custom LSAT Watch for LSAT Exam Prep. If you just want to know how much time is left, then this watch will do it. If you're after precise timing for games, then the 180 is the only watch that has that feature readily available.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I use my iphone whenever drilling simply because it's easiest. Especially with the lap feature if I am doing a games section.

During PTs I have an analog watch with a rotating bezel.

• apublicdisplayapublicdisplay Alum Member
    edited July 2017 696 karma

Just buy a regular watch and set it to 12pm or something at the start of every section. Wind the hands back to 12 and start again. Saved you like $30.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Don't bother with fancy LSAT watches. Just get one with a rotating bezel for $10 and be done with it.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    708 karma

does anyone NOT use one? I notice that my internal timer just works better than an analog. Analog is hard for me to keep time with.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Rotating bezel is the way to go.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@kkrystyna said:
    does anyone NOT use one? I notice that my internal timer just works better than an analog. Analog is hard for me to keep time with.

Honestly I don't look at the time during practice right now. I finish each section on time. I just think it might be helpful to train with one just in case so I'm use to it.

• AlexanderCMAlexanderCM Member
    174 karma

I didn't even know "LSAT watches" were a thing. It basically just looks like an analogue stop watch that has the added drawback of only going for 35 minutes at a time...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I've tried the 180 watch, perfect watch and heard some good things about the Mastermind watch before the discontinued it. They're all a freakin' rip off. My 180 watch broke within 2 weeks and they wouldn't refund me. The Perfect Score watch is a nightmare to reset because the pin is a pain in the butt to pull out.

This is the best watch to get. Cheap, reliable and gets the job done!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JVP0FU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JY personally endorses is and it's cheap, works great, and the rotating bezel is perfect for starting new sections.

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I bought the 180 watch and was so excited to use it. However, something about it seemed like it wasn't properly working and wasn't entirely accurate. The watch then broke randomly mid timed PT. I was so irritated and was able to return it and get my money back. I can't even imagine the stress and anxiety that would have flooded me had that occurred on actual test day. I purchased the above mentioned watch by @"Alex Divine" and it works wonderfully. Plus, you actually have confidence in its ability to perform correctly. I personally think it is the way to go :).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@spitzy11 said:
    I bought the 180 watch and was so excited to use it. However, something about it seemed like it wasn't properly working and wasn't entirely accurate. The watch then broke randomly mid timed PT. I was so irritated and was able to return it and get my money back. I can't even imagine the stress and anxiety that would have flooded me had that occurred on actual test day. I purchased the above mentioned watch by @"Alex Divine" and it works wonderfully. Plus, you actually have confidence in its ability to perform correctly. I personally think it is the way to go :).

Exactly, plus if JY says it's good, I'm putting my faith in that watch! :) So far it's been great. I feel so stupid buying that 180 watch now, lol.

• Daniel BDaniel B Member
    79 karma

I purchased the Master Mind watch a little while back and so far its awesome. I have had zero problems with it. It resets easily and accurately. If it was discontinued before it isn't anymore. I read tons of reviews about which watch was the best and the 180 seemed to have tons of issues breaking. Everything I read about the Mastermind watch said it was the best quality one out there. To me the extra money was worth the easiness of reseting the watch. I don't want to be hurrying between sections on test day to reset my watch when what I really need is a quick breather. I just want to touch one button and have it be done and ready.

I purchased it here.
    https://mastermindwatch.com

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Daniel B" said:
    I purchased the Master Mind watch a little while back and so far its awesome. I have had zero problems with it. It resets easily and accurately. If it was discontinued before it isn't anymore. I read tons of reviews about which watch was the best and the 180 seemed to have tons of issues breaking. Everything I read about the Mastermind watch said it was the best quality one out there. To me the extra money was worth the easiness of reseting the watch. I don't want to be hurrying between sections on test day to reset my watch when what I really need is a quick breather. I just want to touch one button and have it be done and ready.

I purchased it here.

Unfortunately, chronograph watches such as this and the 180 watch have been banned by the LSAC.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@"Daniel B" said:

I purchased it here.

Unfortunately, chronograph watches such as this and the 180 watch have been banned by the LSAC.

Yeah, I was going to mention that it looks like a chronograph that would be banned now, unfortunately. :(

That Casio watch is great. I have the women's version and it's perfect. I saw someone else who said they recommend all students get the men's version though. It's a little bigger, so easier to read. The women's one works fine for me though. I also saw recommend that you make small marks on the bezel if it helps you to read quickly (like just a sharpie dot or line on the 5/10/15 marks, whatever works).

• Clementine_ESClementine_ES Free Trial Member
    59 karma

Did anyone use the perfect score watch during Sept 2017 exam? Did the proctors allow it? It is not a chronograph watch, although it is an 'LSAT watch'. That's what I have and am hoping to use in December.

• FranklyMyDearFranklyMyDear Member
    26 karma

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JVP0FU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is exactly what I have and use for testing and works perfectly. I also read somewhere that some testing centers did not allow LSAT watches..

• clarkermclarkerm Alum Member
    49 karma

I have a Casio watch with rotating bevel that I am no longer using (not retaking the LSAT). If anyone wants it or knows of anyone that wants it, let me know!

It does have nail polish over the 35-60 minute mark so that I can clearly see the 35 min section countdown. I just swivel the head to the start of a section so it's easy to see.

Looks exactly like this, just white https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JVP0FU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1