Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd appreciate some feedback

Fellow 7Sagers,
My current situation is the following: I score in the 171-177 range, and my most consistent scores lie between 172 and 174. The only reason I'm not scoring consistently in the high 170s is the RC section. I currently miss anywhere from 3 to 6 questions. My pacing strategy is good, so I'm not suffering from time issues. I usually do really well on 3 passages and miss a couple questions on one of the passages, which negatively impacts my raw score in the section. I'm interested in feedback from people who are currently scoring -0 - -2 on the RC section. Thank you.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'm scoring at like a -3 or -4 consistently, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. Though, what did help me get much better was working on reading slower and spending less time on the questions themselves. I would waste tons on time deciding between answer choices instead of trusting my memory, which honestly was usually correct. In short, I began trusting my instincts and memory more.

Also, you have to do what works for you. 7Sage has the memory method, The Trainer has a similar read-for-structure approach, Manhattan has PEAR, and Powerscore has a decent system as well. I find with RC, it comes down to what works for you. No one else can give objective tips and advice that are going to work for you. I would suggest experimenting different approaches during your blind review and take note of what works best for you.