Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core Curriculum Question/Timing on Problem Sets

AlexanderCMAlexanderCM Member
in General 174 karma

So I time all my problem sets at the standard per question time provided by the LSAT. Typically by the time I'm about halfway into the problem sets for any given question type, I'm getting most questions correct and finishing on time. I'm midway through the MBT/MBF problem sets and having a bit of trouble. My accuracy has increased substantially, I'm getting everything right, but I'm not hitting the timing on the harder problem sets (Problem Set 6 and above out of 9). How concerned should I be about this? Do I just continue to drill and BR until I'm hitting my goal times or should I re-do the lesson?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

What do you feel is keeping you from making time? Are you finding them more challenging for any particular reason? Conditional logic? Grammar? Referential phrasing?

In any case, I wouldn't be too concerned. When you blind review them pay extra special attention to how you can increase your speed and efficiency. You may also just need to work harder on instilling the fundamentals so they are second nature.

• AlexanderCMAlexanderCM Member
    174 karma

Really long conditional logic chains without clear logical indicators slow me down. And the "math" like problems slow me down (when an MBT reads like an Algebra prompt it hurts my time without fail).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@AlexanderCM said:
    Really long conditional logic chains without clear logical indicators slow me down. And the "math" like problems slow me down (when an MBT reads like an Algebra prompt it hurts my time without fail).

Seems like you should review those core concepts. I had the same problems with MBTs for quite some time and reading logic chains, eventually I had enough of it and just hunkered down and mastered them. Now I feel like most MBTs are freebies.

Spend time memorizing the logical indicators so they are literally second nature. You shouldn't even have to think when you seen one of the indicators, it should just be an automatic switch going off in your head. For example, Unless = negate sufficient.