Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Factoring AP scores into LSAT GPA

AnthonyScaliaAnthonyScalia Alum Member

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone had experience or knowledge regarding how/if the LSAC calculates AP credit in with GPA.

The website says that it will factor in if your university gives credit and counts the grade. My university gives credit, but I don't think it uses those credits in GPA calculation. Does anyone know of situations where AP scores have been taken into account? Could I potentially transfer universities/enroll in an additional one and apply under it to have my AP scores factored in?

Much Appreciated!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Anthony_Mahmud said:
    Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone had experience or knowledge regarding how/if the LSAC calculates AP credit in with GPA.

The website says that it will factor in if your university gives credit and counts the grade. My university gives credit, but I don't think it uses those credits in GPA calculation. Does anyone know of situations where AP scores have been taken into account? Could I potentially transfer universities/enroll in an additional one and apply under it to have my AP scores factored in?

Much Appreciated!

I had quite a few AP credits after high school and they didn't seem to count as letter grades, rather just credits. I'm not sure about your options about having them transferred though. Could be something to look into.

• alex.e92alex.e92 Alum Member
    239 karma

AP credits from high school do not count; however, beware of duel enrollment credits (classes taken at your high school taught by a high school teacher certified to teach a college course. Most of these require a community college tuition fee so you should be aware if you took them). Source: took both AP and duel enrollment classes. AP did not count, DE did count.

I happen to also have been a transfer student, for me the actual grades of AP courses were never factored in to any of my undergrad GPAs.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"alex.e92" said:
    AP credits from high school do not count; however, beware of duel enrollment credits (classes taken at your high school taught by a high school teacher certified to teach a college course. Most of these require a community college tuition fee so you should be aware if you took them). Source: took both AP and duel enrollment classes. AP did not count, DE did count.

I happen to also have been a transfer student, for me the actual grades of AP courses were never factored in to any of my undergrad GPAs.

Yeah, this sounds about right. I did a little research and this is about exactly what I found. At least we got some free credits, though! ;)