PTs - how many & which to take?

JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
edited July 2017 in General 175 karma

For the September exam: What would be a solid PT taking schedule for a full-time LSAT student? I want to take as many PTs as possible (without burnout) while having enough time to do a proper BR.

I'm thinking 3 (maybe 4..) PTs a week?

Any suggestions on a good PT plan until the September exam? I want to make sure I have a good mix of old and newer PTs as the PTs 60+ are more difficult.

(Note: I've already done around 20 PTs as I was prepping for the June exam but extended to September as I wasn't hitting my target score area).

Any advice appreciated on how to make use of the next 2 months in regards to PTs. Thanks!

Comments

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

3 practice tests a week is a bit much, 4 is kind of insane. I would suggest focusing on quality rather than quantity. Before moving on, I ask myself if I got everything I possibly could out this test. Practice tests are a finite resource. I limit myself to 2 practice tests a week. I also do drills from older tests (PT 1-40). I think following BR groups' schedule is incredibly helpful.

• JDtobeeeeJDtobeeee Alum Member
    175 karma

@theLSATgrind2017 What is the BR group schedule?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@JDtobeeee said:
    For the September exam: What would be a solid PT taking schedule for a full-time LSAT student? I want to take as many PTs as possible (without burnout) while having enough time to do a proper BR.

I'm thinking 3 (maybe 4..) PTs a week?

Any suggestions on a good PT plan until the September exam? I want to make sure I have a good mix of old and newer PTs as the PTs 60+ are more difficult.

(Note: I've already done around 20 PTs as I was prepping for the June exam but extended to September as I wasn't hitting my target score area).

Any advice appreciated on how to make use of the next 2 months in regards to PTs. Thanks!

I don't think there is a predetermined set amount. You should take a PT and then blind review it. Depending on where you are in your prep, you will have plenty of weaknesses revealed to you to work on. You should then spend as much time possible going forward addressing these weaknesses via returning to the CC lessons and drilling questions and sections until you can eliminate the same problems from occurring on your next PT.

Sometimes this entire process can take a week or even a month. So there's no real smart way to plan to take X number of tests before your administration. It's like going on a diet. Stepping on the scale lets you know where you are, but the dieting, exercising, and hitting the gym are where you are going to see the results. This is your drilling, review, and BR part of the prep.

I would suggest making sure you take all of the recent tests before sitting for you administration. So definitely try to hit most of the tests from 62-81. You can do them as full timed exams or timed sections. I'm starting to think it matters less how you do it and more so the exposure to the material.

Good luck

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

The blind review group: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11817/september-study-group-pt-64-sunday-july-16-7p-edt-6p-cst-4p-pst-harry-potter-poll

We get together on Sunday and talk about the questions that posed a challenge.