Deleted

edited September 2018 in General 316 karma

Deleted

Comments

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    edited July 2017 775 karma

I would check your analytics see which areas are your weakest. For a lot of people, this can be the flaws or the necessary assumption questions in LR. Then, visit the fundamentals in these areas. Sometimes we might feel like they're such basic level stuff so there's no need to review, but it's easy to overlook small things. For example, review lessons on how to approach necessary assumption questions to make sure you have not forgotten the basic framework behind necessary assumption questions. After that I'd do some drills on your specific question types first untimed to have some practice with not so much pressure, especially if you discovered things you've forgotten and are just relearning. Switch to timed sections after that, of course.

Are you consistent with LG? If not, maybe try fool-roofing the earlier games to make sure that you are very familiar with the different types of games LSAT can throw at you.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I think that, for some reason, people downplay the psychological aspect of the test. A precipitous drop in one's score can certainly be due to those factors. I wish I had good advice about that, but I don't. Maybe others can chime in.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

What tests were you taking when you had the higher scores? Were the newer tests perhaps a variable in your point decrease?

Also, sometimes people just have bad days or some tests have more questions that you're weak on. For instance, I think someone mentioned that the latest test had more RRE questions on them, so if you were weak on those and had a hard game, that could be a cause of your point drop right there.

How were your BR results for the test when you reviewed that test? Did you notice anything different?

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    edited July 2017 1084 karma

Curious if you feel it was more a psychological issue than an issue of you not understanding the material?
    As @uhinberg says, people often underestimate this.

I highly recommend taking up meditation practice if you can. It can work wonders for focusing attention and anchoring your breath and seeing how you hold anxiety in the body. Brute forcing your way through doesn't always work as a best strategy, and re-learning what you already know may not be either. It seems counter-intuitive, but often what we actually need to do is relax and slow down and trust what we know.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.
    Good luck!