Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any major differences between older and newer LSAT prep tests?

iceman322iceman322 Alum Member
in General 70 karma

I am going through the prep tests chronologically and am wondering if the LSAT has changed at all over time.

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Yes, yes, and yes again. Especially RC and LR. There are many threads that discuss this.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@iceman322 said:
    I am going through the prep tests chronologically and am wondering if the LSAT has changed at all over time.

I'm sure they'll be some debate over this, but yeah, there are some differences. How major is somewhat subjective. I think RC is harder; no doubt about it. I think LG has just changed and sort of always has, with the exception of the 40s and 50s where they were pretty standard. And LR just seems to require you to make little assumptions that took me a while to get used to making. The good news is the logic hasn't changed.

The older tests still are great to drill and practice with.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited July 2017 23929 karma

@uhinberg said:
    Yes, yes, and yes again. Especially RC and LR. There are many threads that discuss this.

Scooped: But yes, @uhinberg basically covered it. There are a lot of threads that I'll try to find and post below. I think it's best to go in with a clear mind. It isn't like there's anything you can do imo to prepare better. Just get good at the logic and the LSAT itself. The rest will follow. At least that's been my experience.

ETA: Now that I sit mack and reflect, I don't know if I'd call them major changes. It's not like there's a new section added or something crazy like that. A few years back the MCAT had an entire new section added, now that's a major change.