PT32.S4.Q20 - dana: it is wrong to think that

JJLstlouisJJLstlouis Alum Member
edited July 2017 in Logical Reasoning 28 karma

I'm having a lot of difficulty understanding why B is the correct answer here. After watching the explanation I see why the other answers are incorrect, but I really want to understand why B is wholly correct...hopefully that makes sense. I see that Dana would disagree with B. She thinks that the learning a child is accustomed to should ALWAYS dictate teaching methods. Thus, a child should not learn (or at least all children should not learn) to adapt.

I fail to see why Pat would necessarily agree with B, given the text itself. Pat only say that it is not ALWAYS the case that accustomed styles of learning should dictate what method is used (maybe sometimes that is the case though...). He would agree that it is NOT wrong (it is correct) to think that that the same educational methods should be used with all children. Why does this necessarily mean he would agree that ALL children should learn to adapt to various educational methods? Couldnt there be some children that can't learn under certain methods, such as group learning. He doesnt have any universal statements in his disagreement...he just disagrees with Dana's universal statement.

Also, if anyone has tips on point of issue questions such as this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance!
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-32-section-4-question-20/

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Pat does say that the flexibility to work on their own or in a group is an invaluable skill and in demand within the world. So she would agree with the statement that B makes for this reason. Children should learn to adapt for the reasons she mentions.

• JJLstlouisJJLstlouis Alum Member
    28 karma

@stepharizona said:
    Pat does say that the flexibility to work on their own or in a group is an invaluable skill and in demand within the world. So she would agree with the statement that B makes for this reason. Children should learn to adapt for the reasons she mentions.

Yeah, that's true. However, just because it's an "invaluable skill" does that mean ALL children should learn to adapt? Isn't there a missing link that needs to tie something being an "invaluable skill" to something that ALL children should learn? For example, carpentry is an invaluable skill, but perhaps all children shouldn't learn it because it's dangerous. See what i'm getting at?

• JJLstlouisJJLstlouis Alum Member
    28 karma

Bump. I would love more input on this! I am having significant difficulties with some of these parallel questions.