nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited July 2017 in Logical Reasoning 1723 karma

So i was wondering what the difference between A and D was

Comments

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    So i was wondering what the difference between A and D was

So for this question, the phrase "must be true" is crucial to picking the correct answer choice. For D, this does not have to be true. It could be true that she took 2 weeks of vacation and transferred half of the remaining time over.

For A, this must be true. It must be true that she didn't use two weeks of vacation time because if this statement was false, it would be impossible to have 4 weeks off in the present year.

Hope this helped!

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey @jackigoe. But the remaining time, if she took 2 weeks off last yr, would only be 1 week. Half of that would only be 1/2 a week. which would mean that she can only go on 3.5 weeks of paid vacay this yr. What am i missing?

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Hey @jackigoe. But the remaining time, if she took 2 weeks off last yr, would only be 1 week. Half of that would only be 1/2 a week. which would mean that she can only go on 3.5 weeks of paid vacay this yr. What am i missing?

There are a few possibilities that I was thinking of when I first saw D that make it incorrect. One could be that she had more than 3 weeks of allotted time for that year in which she takes 1 week. What if she had banked time from the year before and had 6 weeks? If this were the case, it would make sense that she could take more than 1 week of vacation. I thought of it as a compounding interest scenario.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Wow awesome. Thanks yeah i guess all that must be for certain is that she has 2 weeks left over from last year