LSAC Appeal Denied (anyone else?) / Scholarship Question

thecatandhatthecatandhat Free Trial Member
in General 38 karma

Feeling bummed because I was denied my appeal for the LSAC fee waiver. Initially, I was denied because my cash balances are too high. Today I got the email that my appeal was denied as well.

Short version: Unemployed since December beside small gigs and events
Cash balance: 800 in checking, 800 in savings
Credit Card Debt: $1400 (interest free for two more months)
Living for $100 rent with grandparents (trade off is extremely limited job market)
Made $4,000 last year on tax return
Parents not a factor

Did anyone else get denied and feel like they are judging on the wrong things? I could be completely wrong, but I feel like I am being punished for not paying off that debt, because if I did, I would have $200 to live on until I get employed. God forbid, I register for the test, CAS...

Enough of my pity party though.
Now I know I have to postpone my test until Dec and I am worried scholarship money won’t still be available.

Does anyone know of a good resource of where you can see how much scholarship money has been given out by schools in previous years by the months?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Bumping this to the top.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You can view self-reported scholarship information at LawSchoolNumbers. Go to the schools you are particularly interested in look at the graph of applicants (http://bc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617). You can zoom in on the graph to see candidates you are most similar to. Right-click any of the tops (candidates) and open their profile in a new tab. From there you can see that candidate's profile with any information they've decided to share included where they applied, what their score are, scholarships, date of application, etc.

• thecatandhatthecatandhat Free Trial Member
    38 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

You can view self-reported scholarship information at LawSchoolNumbers. Go to the schools you are particularly interested in look at the graph of applicants (http://bc.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/1617). You can zoom in on the graph to see candidates you are most similar to. Right-click any of the tops (candidates) and open their profile in a new tab. From there you can see that candidate's profile with any information they've decided to share included where they applied, what their score are, scholarships, date of application, etc.

This is so great, thank you! Feeling better that all is not lost!