Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Catching up when you get behind

Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
in General 776 karma

How does everyone catch up to their study schedule if they get behind? I've had a hell of a week and while i've literally studied every second I wasn't doing something critical, I'm about 8 hours behind based off the schedule. Any suggestions? Should I just power through? Can I adjust it?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@vtm14 said:
    How does everyone catch up to their study schedule if they get behind? I've had a hell of a week and while i've literally studied every second I wasn't doing something critical, I'm about 8 hours behind based off the schedule. Any suggestions? Should I just power through? Can I adjust it?

I wouldn't really worry about it too much. No, you can't really just power through learning this test because it's a process, not just busy work. If you try -- and I certainly have -- to just power through you end up not absorbing as much and have to go back anyway.

I would just keep doing what you can. I think making sure your overall schedule is flexible is important so you don't have a problem if you get a bit behind. It's hard to know exactly how long something is going to take to learn properly and the schedule is just meant to give you a good base from which to work.

Definitely adjust and don't worry too much about it.

• Funky ColdFunky Cold Alum Member
    14 karma

I parse out what to study by day. I'll split up some of the sections by lessons throughout the day. For example ill do videos1-3 before I go to work, videos 4-6 during my lunch break, and then 3-4 hours after work. If i'm disciplined and I stay off instagram and pinterest I usually catchup or at least close the gap.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

The way i have come to view this test is that its not a perfect equation. Putting in X amount of hours will not necessarily net you Y results. Now dont get me wrong, you definitely need to put in the time. But quality over quantity everytime. This is especially hard to see if you are still in the CC. But once you get out of the CC and into drilling and PTing this will become much more clear. Like @"Alex Divine" said. You cannot force learn this test. Take your time. And happy studying!!