Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Value of re-taking practice tests

sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
in General 373 karma

Hi all-- I have been studying for the LSAT for over a year (starting June 2016). I took the exam this past June and had hoped/expected it to be my last take. As often happens, I wasn't happy with my score and I am planning to re-take the exam in Sept.

The unfortunate thing is that I have taken almost every single practice test. The only ones I have completely untouched are A B and C (and maybe one other). Thus, I am re-taking the PTs, starting with the oldest ones that I have taken (9-10 months old at the oldest). I do think there is value in that-- but what I am curious about is how much? Unless it is in my subconscious, I remember barely anything from the exams I took the longest ago. However, I am inclined to think that my score on the re-take is not "reliable" in the sense that I have seen the material before, even though the jump in some cases from first take to second take has been 20+ points.

This makes it difficult to gauge if my score is going up or not. I figure the only way to see where my score/average is now is how I do on the untouched exams. What do others think?