Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bogged down in the middle of LR

Here's the situation: during many of my times practice tests I find that I get bogged down in the middle of the section. I can make it through the first 10 questions with little issue and recover by the end but I find large chunks of wrong answers in the middle. Of course, there are questions I still struggle with and I understand that I can approach individual question types but does anyone have experience with this? Is it also true that the middle of the section is where the hardest questions are?

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

This is totally normal. Often there are hard questions between Qs 10 and 20.

Look, there are going to be hard questions in the exam. There are going to be easy questions. That's how it has to work to create a score distribution. Don't let an arbitrary difficulty get in your way, don't think "Oh boy here come the middle questions, time to be nervous." Stay present and mindful, approach each question in isolation, and give it your best.

The way to avoid getting bogged down is to implement a good skipping strategy. Don't spend more than 75-90 seconds on a question, no matter what. Move on. If you can do that, you will have plenty of time to come back with a fresh mindset at the end of the section.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@colinwulfstanleonard said:
    Here's the situation: during many of my times practice tests I find that I get bogged down in the middle of the section. I can make it through the first 10 questions with little issue and recover by the end but I find large chunks of wrong answers in the middle. Of course, there are questions I still struggle with and I understand that I can approach individual question types but does anyone have experience with this? Is it also true that the middle of the section is where the hardest questions are?

Yeah, sounds like you are just running into the harder questions. That's perfectly normal and can be solved by implementing a good skipping strategy as well as making sure during BR you are addressing questions you feel are hard. If you need to return to review CC lessons, then do so. Drill and take timed sections to work on practicing and instilling the techniques you're learning.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

As Riley and Alex said, it's all about having a good skipping strategy. Just don't let yourself get bogged down and remember when you skip that you're banking the time--not losing it. Banked time is tremendously powerful, and you should look to maximize it at every opportunity.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

skip it then go back