Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A motivation post for everyone

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

Here is a short story:

A man was walking through a circus. As the man walked passed the elephants, he stopped in confusion. The elephants were being held in place by a small rope tied to one back leg. No chains or cages. It was fairly obvious that the elephants could, at any time, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. "Well," said the trainer, "when they are very young and much smaller, we used the same size rope to tie them, and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe that this rope can still hold them - so they never try to break free."

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn't, they were stuck right where they were. Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it before?

Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

Never give up on your dreams.

The LSAT is your rope - keep pulling, eventually it'll snap.

Comments

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

i like that story. .im using my rope to strangle the Lsat

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

For all my platitude fans out there: Show me a person who's never failed, and I'll show you a person who's never tried.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Yay! I love your motivational posts!

• windows95windows95 Alum Member
    27 karma

Great post

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@windows95 said:
    Great post

Great user name! Windows 95 was best 95.

@tringo335 It's my way of giving back to the community. A lot of times I don't feel confident enough to help answer questions. So I give motivation instead! It's a lot safer than steering someone wrong, and it helps in little ways.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

"The road to success is paved with failure." I have that quote printed off and hung on my wall above my LSAT desk at home.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

The quote that I printed out is from the LSAT Trainer:

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent"

Let's dominate, y'all!!!

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Freddy_D said:

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent"

Let's dominate, y'all!!!

LOVE that quote, Freddy!

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Freddy_D said:

Let's dominate, y'all!!!

LOVE that quote, Freddy!

It's a mental jewel. I also love Frederick Douglass' quote, "If there is no struggle, there is no progress."

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@Freddy_D said:

Let's dominate, y'all!!!

I have that quote too!!

• 60 karma

Great post!! Thank you.