Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this count as diversity?

I went through the admissions course, and am wondering what other's thoughts are regarding whether or not my situation would count as allowing for a diversity statement.
I am a Doctor. I am currently a Family Medicine resident but with the desire to practice law with my medical background.
I was hoping to mainly focus on the being a M.D. part as that is something I know that greatly separates me from the vast majority of law applicants and is part of the basis of how and what I would like to do with the joint degrees.
I also happen to have cerebral palsy, extremely mild, but did have to have 6 major surgeries, but I only walk with a minor limp and can ski downhill on expert runs, but it did greatly affect my upbringing.

Appreciate anyone's input, will provide some more information if it would better help with providing an answer.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• mitch.kohlmitch.kohl Member
    14 karma

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. But the main question I have is about my medical background as a doctor and how that can add to the environment and discussions during law school.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

My first reaction is that you should write your PS about being a doctor and a DS about having cerebral palsy—but you might write a PS about being a doctor with cerebral palsy, in which case I'm not sure you should write a DS at all.

• mitch.kohlmitch.kohl Member
    14 karma

Thank you! I appreciate it, makes sense. This is another reason I love and recommend 7Sage to everyone , besides helping me do extremely well on the LSAT during my crazy clinical training rotations. :smile: