PT9.S4.Q18 - marcus: for most ethical dilemmas

jpandljpandl Alum Member
edited August 2017 in Logical Reasoning 112 karma

Questions like these are tougher for me to find guidance when I am stuck since there are not videos or explanations for them. So can anyone please help me understand why C was the answer and not D.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2017 13286 karma

What is her conclusion?

Basically Anita says "Marcus bro, your guidance is not enough."

What was Marcus's guidance?

• For most ethical Dilemmas the journalist is likely to face, traditional journalistic ethics is clear, adequate, and essentially correct. (Conclusion)

So the AC needs to say that Anita's conclusion is that Marcus's guidance was too little.

Answer Choice D says;

• There are common situations in which a journalist must make a decision and in which no principal of journalistic ethics can be of help.

That's great...but her conclusion didn't say this. Her conclusion was pointing out that Marcus was giving inadequate guidance.

Answer Choice C says;

• The ethical principal that Marcus cites does not help the journalist in a typical kind of situation in which a decision needs to be made.

This IS what Anita is saying. The correct answer needs to point out that Anita takes issue with Marcus's suggestion, and this AC does exactly that.

Do you see the distinction? Anita is calling Marcus out directly when she says "this guidance is inadequate". The "this" is referential phrasing to Marcus's guidance.

I hope this helps a bit...I am not very good at explaining...

• jpandljpandl Alum Member
    112 karma

Thank you very much this was helpful

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@jpandl said:
    Thank you very much this was helpful

No problem, glad to help