For people who took the June 2017 LSAT -- law school fee waiver

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member

Hi!

For people who took the June LSAT and ticked off "yes" for the CRS service on LSAC, have you been getting merit-based fee waiver email notifications from law schools? I heard that the schools find potential candidates via CRS and start sending them fee waivers sometime after the LSAT scores come out.

Thanks!

Comments

• barlow__barlow__ Member
    20 karma

That happens - I've received a few that way. More often though, I emailed the schools directly. I gave them my LSAT score + GPA and just asked for a fee waiver based on those scores. Some said "sure," some said "you don't qualify." Most said "ask us again in September, once we start accepting applications for 18-19"

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I didn't take this June LSAT but did take it last year in June and yes, this does tend to happen.

• usernameusername Alum Member
    276 karma

"you don't qualify" ouch.

• shicks220shicks220 Alum Member
    16 karma

Are you less likely to receive a fee waiver if you've already started filling out a school's application? Now that applications are starting to open up, I'm wondering if it makes sense to wait/email admissions before diving in.

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma

@barlow__ said:
    That happens - I've received a few that way. More often though, I emailed the schools directly. I gave them my LSAT score + GPA and just asked for a fee waiver based on those scores. Some said "sure," some said "you don't qualify." Most said "ask us again in September, once we start accepting applications for 18-19"

Good to know! Hard to hear you don't qualify but it's not personal and not an indication of future success. :)

• LSAT Is ComingLSAT Is Coming Alum Member
    530 karma

@barlow__ said:

Who do you email? A law school admissions officer from each school, or is there some central admissions-related email address for each?

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

@"LSAT Is Coming" said:

@barlow__ said:

Who do you email? A law school admissions officer from each school, or is there some central admissions-related email address for each?

just look up the address for the adcomms at each school. Typically its something like "admissions@blahblahlaw.edu"
    Send them an email with your stats, and your L# and ask politely if you qualify for a merit waiver because you have interest in their school.

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

Most of the ones I got for June scores were still Fall 2017.

Looking at last years cycle most of mine were received in late Sept and early Oct