Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A different kind of skipping strategy?

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage

So I'm finding that during the middle of an LR section 15-20ish my mind goes numb. I miss blocks of questions 4 in a row. It doesn't help that this is typically the "harder" portion of the section.

So what are the thoughts about going right to the middle of the section first, with a less tired brain, and then working my way out from there? What are the harms? I can see bubbling being an issue, but are there any other major harms that can befall me?

I've really tried other skipping strategies, but I'm just not comfertable with them. I'm wondering if this might be a possible answer for me.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I've known people who swear by starting from the last question for similar reasons. According to them this strategy worked quite well for them. My honest opinion on the matter is that any positive effect is probably somewhat in people's minds. Then again, it may be worth a try.

One of the possible downsides I can think of is that is you start with the questions that are likely to be harder, then you may end up having trouble building up momentum going into the section. The fact that each LR section tends to start off with easier questions gives me a chance to build confidence and momentum.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

You can try it I guess, but I think that a possible negative is that starting with harder questions may lower your confidence when you hit the easier ones.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I agree that momentum and confidence are big. Maybe try doing the first 5 questions first to build that and then jump to your supposed weakness?

Regardless, the philosophy of skipping is that you don't spend too much time on any one question. That should hold true regardless of the order in which you tackle questions. If you want, fine, try going to the "hard" questions first, but still don't spend longer than 60-90 seconds on them for your first attempt. Go back to them later. It's the second pass that's the key.