Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free mock tests at university test centers

maitaispmaitaisp Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 28 karma
Has anyone taken free mock lsats at a university? Did they use an approved practice test? Did you find the experience useful?

Comments

• CommerceCommerce Alum Member
    30 karma
    I don't believe they used an approved practice test. It is useful for going through the process of sitting at a desk with numerous other students around you taking a timed test so you get use to the environment.
    If they used an approved test they would likely have to charge for it because there would be copyright issues
  • maitaispmaitaisp Alum Member
    28 karma
    Hmm I'm more scared of using shoddy practice exams than anything. The place is also really far from me, so I'm starting to think it's not worth it.
  • CommerceCommerce Alum Member
    30 karma
    Honestly, I don't think they are that useful, as long as you are taking properly timed real prep tests, it really adds very little
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    I've taken a practice LSAT at my University offered by Kaplan. For me they gave me the option of giving me the June 2007 (free to everyone) or bringing in your own exam. I think it can be useful. Sitting at home or a library with the proctor app, while it is certainly useful, it does not give you the REAL deal. Having a person sitting at the front of the class, as well as having other students surrounding you gives your PT more authenticity. I don't think there is any harm done in foregoing such an opportunity, but there can be some value to giving it a try. For me, just getting a closer look and feel for what test day might ACTUALLY feel like helped alleviate a little bit nerves that sat in the back of my mind.
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    Just make sure its a real PT test. The option to bring your own sounds very useful.