Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drop in score? Sleep!

Shireen Bhatia-1Shireen Bhatia-1 Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 261 karma

Hi guys!

I wanted to share an experience I had and a realization!

I had a really good month and my score was going closer and closer to where I wanted it. (Yay!) Then this week, I noticed I felt stressed, and was getting a score drop. When I sat down to look at my mistakes from both tests, I realized something: I didn't sleep enough both of the nights before the practice test. As a result, I was making some really silly mistakes that I already had learned how to avoid. I know, I know. I totally should have seen this coming. But I think that goes to show my point. So many of us completely forget to take care of ourselves. Especially fellow double majors, perfectionists and part time or full time employees.

I decided to take a hiatus for a full day and do drills this week before doing another test. And honestly, I think my mind is already thanking me.

I know I've been doing alot of self care posts lately but we prospective and entering lawyers honestly need it.

I hope this speaks to you guys and helps any of you who might be worried.

Peace out,
Shireen.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Don't gotta tell me twice. I swear I was born to sleep. Goodnight and good luck!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Shireen Bhatia-1" said:
    Hi guys!

I wanted to share an experience I had and a realization!

I had a really good month and my score was going closer and closer to where I wanted it. (Yay!) Then this week, I noticed I felt stressed, and was getting a score drop. When I sat down to look at my mistakes from both tests, I realized something: I didn't sleep enough both of the nights before the practice test. As a result, I was making some really silly mistakes that I already had learned how to avoid. I know, I know. I totally should have seen this coming. But I think that goes to show my point. So many of us completely forget to take care of ourselves. Especially fellow double majors, perfectionists and part time or full time job holders.

I decided to take a hiatus for a full day and do drills this week before doing another test. And honestly, I think my mind is already thanking me.

I know I've been doing alot of self care posts lately but we prospective and entering lawyers honestly need it.

I hope this speaks to you guys and helps any of you who might be worried.

Peace out,
    Shireen.

Hey Shireen,

Congrats on your realization and improvement!

I truly couldn't agree with your analysis here more. I work now, but during UG I was able to do very well with little to no sleep. Likely because my majors generally require wrote memorization, sleep wasn't all that necessary, at least for me. However, I have found that while studying for this test self care including getting enough sleep and exercise are necessary conditions to doing well on this test.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

sleep is the greatest thing ever