Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June'18 Study Group

AlexAlex Alum Member
edited December 2017 in Study Groups 23929 karma

I hope you're ready or gearing up to start PTing for the June 2018 LSAT. Join us this Tuesday if you are finished with the CC.

Provisional Schedule: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=f3n8s2l60gkgm2ju8m8kk4vhn4@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Note:

For everyone: take the PT under timed conditions; BR as you are able on your own; then join us for all or part of the call—everyone is welcome.
Note: For the purposes of the call, we like to check our group blind review score together at the very end of the call :) So at least don't say ... "No guys, really, it's D, I checked it.” KEEP THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOURSELF. Win the argument with your reasoning.
These groups work best when folks from ALL stages of prep and with all different goals join in! Not just for "super-preppers" and definitely not just for the casual LSATer (does such a person exist?).
The only expectation anyone has for these calls is for you to have fun and ask questions as you desire. We are just a bunch of LSAT lovers who gather via GoToMeeting and intellectually slaughter each test.

Mark any questions you wish to go over on the spreadsheet below!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wLCip2bbWWD_h3WqGqBY6YaGPGdGQdSsr3gnphKYdxo/edit#gid=0

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/851725797

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (786) 535-3211

Access Code: 851-725-797

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##851725797
Cisco devices: 851725797@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

June 18' Study Group Discord Link: https://discord.gg/kpGkYx6

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpzv0mWKaMUdPj2/giphy.gif

@BinghamtonDave @Freddy_D @tringo335 @achen013 @airborne1 @SiliconJedi @abernardi @TaylorAnn @Moniagui22 @Sarah_39 @"Lauren L" @kjsmith914 @Brazil020511 @attalla253 @tmickjr__ @jourdan.gardner @Gladiator_2017 @nima250 @"Adam Hawks" @"Lizzette G" @meganqliu @lizgu316 @LSATlife @"Paul Pederson" @CJF_2180 @aguirreliz92 @"Jay Lee" @canadalegalbiz @shannon_ @"Shawn Nguyen" @manan1996narula @btownsquee @"Shazia..." @lsatplaylist @Guillaume @"Marco Antonio" @"Jamie Lynn B" @smartaone2 @justicedst @Jay_Camp @Chandymen @jbodnovich @RJmazo14 @yahejazi @ziegler6 @JayClarke242 @TheSailor @Kermit750 @CoffeeBeans @lakish2010 @JURISDOCTOR35 @samantha.ashley92 @Grace... @greybrownblue @ohnoeshalpme @Ignatius @J.CHRIS.ALST @akriegler @lzkosman @sillllyxo @TheNotoriousRBG @necessarynaomi @"forest.dearing.2017" @alyhobbs @alafuente @vrendonvasquez @akriegler @"alexandra.marlene" @jkatz1488 @moonrider919 @missmalo @"Kings Never Die" @chisal17 @amatthews304 @"Human Becoming" @Hamaseh_S @adultish_gambino @dazedandconfused @danny_d5 @pasu1223 @alyssamcc0593 @LCMama2017 @chisal17 @estouten25 @ChaimtheGreat @sweetsecret @rochelleb180 @ecarr_12 @Christina-5 @demiiisodaaa

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Starting the group very early I see. Best of luck guys! :)

Are you actually taking in June, Alex? I thought you were December?

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I'm here to hijack because I can't resist you cool people and community. Who's going to be Pierce?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

I was hoping to but I just don't want to have to try to cram in a bunch of PTs between now and then. This year has been crazy for me so far and it's finally settled down to the point I can plan ahead and June is looking good. I also figured if I'm not applying until next fall anyways it doesn't make sense to rush to take it in December.

I wish you were taking it with us! But I know you are finally ready to put this test to shame :)

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

I was hoping to but I just don't want to have to try to cram in a bunch of PTs between now and then. This year has been crazy for me so far and it's finally settled down to the point I can plan ahead and June is looking good. I also figured if I'm not applying until next fall anyways it doesn't make sense to rush to take it in December.

I wish you were taking it with us! But I know you are finally ready to put this test to shame :)

Makes sense. If I weren't applying this cycle I'd probably take in June as well. Either way, you're gonna fucking kill it and I'll see you at Harvard ;)

assuming I don't get a 120 next month

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

Makes sense. If I weren't applying this cycle I'd probably take in June as well. Either way, you're gonna fucking kill it and I'll see you at Harvard ;)

Thank you ol' friend. Likewise. I see you getting a 173+ and becoming the the first half kitten half sage this forum has ever known.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

Checkin in and ready to dominate!

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

Thank you ol' friend. Likewise. I see you getting a 173+ and becoming the the first half kitten half sage this forum has ever known.

I'd scream if I got a 173

2983 karma

I'll take a 173 as well, please.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Glad to see you @Freddy_D :)

Don't worry! If we stick together and work hard a 173 is coming our way!

2983 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Glad to see you @Freddy_D :)

Don't worry! If we stick together and work hard a 173 is coming our way!

From your lips to God's ears. Let's get it!

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

Hey!

I am aiming for December or February as I'd like to apply this cycle, even though June is my backup, it's still a possibility for me and I am interested in joining. I have recently finished CC about a week ago.

Thank you.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@achen013 said:
    Hey!

I am aiming for December or February as I'd like to apply this cycle, even though June is my backup, it's still a possibility for me and I am interested in joining. I have recently finished CC about a week ago.

Thank you.

Excellent! I will add you to the list and tag you in any updates to keep you in the loop :)

2983 karma

Welcome to the squad, @achen013

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    edited August 2017 3679 karma

SO EXCITED!!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2017 23929 karma

@tringo335 said:
    SO EXCITED!!!

Good times + lots o' improvement coming soon!!

• SiliconJediSiliconJedi Member
    142 karma

Like @achen013, I'm aiming for Dec or Feb, with June as a backup. I'd love to stay updated on this group!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@SiliconJedi said:
    Like @achen013, I'm aiming for Dec or Feb, with June as a backup. I'd love to stay updated on this group!

Sweet! We could always use another Jedi. I'll add you to the list.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26FxzFK4yudFHRFde/giphy.gif

• abernardiabernardi Alum Member
    12 karma

Hey all!

I'm aiming for February/June as well, depends on how things feel around December or so, but I'd certainly be interested in anything this group does and has to offer :)

Thanks for putting this together!

• TaylorAnnTaylorAnn Free Trial Member
    202 karma

I would like to join to if there's still room?

Thank you

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@abernardi said:
    Hey all!

I'm aiming for February/June as well, depends on how things feel around December or so, but I'd certainly be interested in anything this group does and has to offer :)

Thanks for putting this together!

Always good to have a back up plan :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TaylorAnn said:
    I would like to join to if there's still room?

Thank you

Plenty of room left! I'll add you to the list :relaxed:

2983 karma

Welcome to the squad, @TaylorAnn @abernardi @SiliconJedi !

202 karma

@"Alex Divine" Thank you so much!!

I've read a lot of your other posts on the forum and they are very helpful and motivational. Do you have any advice on how to balance work and prep? I've read a lot of your advice on this topic.

Thanks youu :innocent:

202 karma

Thanks @Freddy_D

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@TaylorAnn said:

I've read a lot of your other posts on the forum and they are very helpful and motivational. Do you have any advice on how to balance work and prep? I've read a lot of your advice on this topic.

I'm happy to hear that :)

I guess it depends on where you work and what your hours are. For me, I mainly study early in the morning and at night. I'm either at work sitting there with nothing to do for several days or I'm in go mode non-stop with little in between. So I've done my best to adapt to the inconsistent work flow by setting aside time each day before and after work.

The balance is all about doing as much as you can without wearing yourself too thin. It also helps to just get into the habit of studying at the same time each day and it doesn't have to be for long. Even an hour on your lunch break will add up over many months. By studying at the same time each day you will develop discipline which is important to cultivate when studying while working.

I also put aside one day a week (usually Fridays) that I won't do any LSAT related prep work on. many people take off weekends, but because my study time during the week is limited as it is I try to put in full days on both Saturday and Sunday.

202 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TaylorAnn said:

I'm happy to hear that :)

I guess it depends on where you work and what your hours are. For me, I mainly study early in the morning and at night. I'm either at work sitting there with nothing to do for several days or I'm in go mode non-stop with little in between. So I've done my best to adapt to the inconsistent work flow by setting aside time each day before and after work.

The balance is all about doing as much as you can without wearing yourself too thin. It also helps to just get into the habit of studying at the same time each day and it doesn't have to be for long. Even an hour on your lunch break will add up over many months. By studying at the same time each day you will develop discipline which is important to cultivate when studying while working.

I also put aside one day a week (usually Fridays) that I won't do any LSAT related prep work on. many people take off weekends, but because my study time during the week is limited as it is I try to put in full days on both Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you so much again! I will try to start fitting in some work during my lunch break and possibly in the am

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

I'm also aiming for December or February, but would still love to be added to this list and stay updated! :) Thanks for making this!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sarah_39 said:
    I'm also aiming for December or February, but would still love to be added to this list and stay updated! :) Thanks for making this!

Of course! :blush:

• Interested!

2983 karma

Welcome to the squad, @Sarah_39 and @"Lauren L" !

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@"Lauren L" said:
    Interested!

Awesome ! Happy to have you with us @"Lauren L"

• Thanks, @Freddy_D and @"Alex Divine" !

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

Hey, I'm interested!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Brazil020511 said:
    Hey, I'm interested!

Welcome aboard @Brazil020511 :)

2983 karma

Welcome to the squad, @Brazil020511.

429 karma

@Freddy_D said:

THANK YOU!

429 karma

@Freddy_D said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Brazil020511 said:
    Hey, I'm interested!

Welcome aboard @Brazil020511 :)

THANK YOU!

• annewr253annewr253 Alum Member
    439 karma

@"Alex Divine" Please sign me up! Super Excited!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@attalla253 said:
    @"Alex Divine" Please sign me up! Super Excited!

Of course! Happy to see you here @attalla253 :)

2983 karma

Welcome to the squad, @attalla253 !

• logicallyinclinedlogicallyinclined Alum Member
    39 karma

I'm in! Squad up!!

2983 karma

@tmickjr__ said:
    I'm in! Squad up!!

SQUUUUADDD! Welcome, my man!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

@tmickjr__ said:
    I'm in! Squad up!!

This group is going to be awesome! Welcome, my friend!

• nima250nima250 Alum Member
    30 karma

Hey, I'm also planning on taking it in December but its super possible that I have to push it to June. With that said, I would love to join this group if you guys still have some space.

2983 karma

@nima250 said:
    Hey, I'm also planning on taking it in December but its super possible that I have to push it to June. With that said, I would love to join this group if you guys still have some space.

Of course we have space. Welcome to the squad! My man, Alex, will include your name up top to make it official.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Hey Hey! I'm in the same boat. Planning for December, but might push to June. Count me in!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2017 23929 karma

@nima250 said:

As @Freddy_D said, of course we have room for you!

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    Hey Hey! I'm in the same boat. Planning for December, but might push to June. Count me in!

Hey @Gladiator_2017 I'll count you in :)

Welcome guys!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

I'm ready to get started now. Let's go, sign me up. November is too far, way to far. Sad. Let's start now.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Adam Hawks" said:
    I'm ready to get started now. Let's go, sign me up. November is too far, way to far. Sad. Let's start now.

Right on man! Love the enthusiasm!

We're still waiting to figure out all the logistics and finding a way to consider everyones' study time line and accommodate them.

If you're looking to get started sooner, I think there may be a December 2017 Study Group forming soon.

2983 karma

Welcome, @"Adam Hawks" and @Gladiator_2017 . Let's get it!