Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to apply

olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member

HI all,

I scored a 172 and have a 4.0 from a big state school and I think my lsac gpa will be about a 3.96. I'm trying for yhs admission and was planning on retaking in dec. because I scored a bit below where I was practicing. I'm wondering whether it would be more beneficial to apply early in the cycle and use the dec. test to potentially get off a waitlist, or wait until dec. to submit apps. I think the rest of my application is relatively weak compared to other applicants.

Thanks!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Unless you contact the schools, most will see the pending LSAT administration and not consider your application until that score is recorded. You would probably have to ask the school to go ahead and process your application with the 172.

For Yale, the general notion is that timing does not matter. The statistics seem to support this. For Yale, I would apply after December.

For Harvard, there is a small bump to applying earlier. It depends on how much better you are scoring. If you are consistently scoring 175+ (and I mean like, never dipping below 175), then maybe wait? Your GPA is so strong that you are strong consideration for admittance regardless (92% according to LSN).

I am not sure about Stanford.

• olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma

Thank you!