Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 74: is this PT difficult or what?

TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
edited August 2017 in General 4196 karma

So I just took it and completely bombed it. I found LR to be extremely difficult and it is a strong section for me.

Anyone think this PT sucked or am I the only one?

edit: I got a 166 on it and went -2 on LR1 and -8 on LR2. This has not happened to me in a very long time. Maybe I was just not very focused, idk, it's worrying me though with the Sept LSAT right around the corner.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

PT 74 was average for me on LR. RC however ripped me a new one.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    PT 74 was average for me on LR. RC however ripped me a new one.

LG was cake, RC had 2 tough passages but I got through them. LR on the other had for me just like.. lol I feel like a complete idiot after that

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Right around average for me.

4196 karma

@uhinberg said:
    Right around average for me.

yeah, I think I'm just overreacting to what seems like an outlier LR section for me. ugh, it worries me though but I guess I just gotta review and see what happened

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

I actually scored 4 points above my average on 74, but it was unique in that my BR score was oddly no higher than my timed score.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

We all gotta get so consistent that our outliers are just a couple points away from our average.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

I found the LRs in PT 76 and 72 to be more difficult. I recall that 7sage analytics had one of the LR sections as 4 stars for difficulty for 76

4196 karma

Looked over that 2nd LR and I missed a bunch of questions that should not have been missed or even 2nd guessed. I guess I just had a very off LR section. Hope it doesn't happen again!

4196 karma

I take this whole thread back. It just an off day for me and this PT wasn't hard at all.

Sorry, lmaooooo.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Last LG is though. But BR it boost my confidence. LR answers are subtle.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

I found this one quite odd as well. The RC was particularly "tough". I missed 4/5 on the comparative passage because the first two sections having 8 questions a piece had me worrying about time. They weren't hard individually, but them all being in a single 35 minute section was brutal. A lot of the LR were fairly subtle, and that last LG game was actually a bit difficult for a fairly normal game.