Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Georgetown Law Group Interview

joyrider8joyrider8 Alum Member

Hi everyone,

My school's pre-law advisor just sent out a link to sign up for Georgetown Law group interviews. I'm not sure if I should just sign up now to express interest or wait to see if they send an individual invitation.

Does Georgetown only offer one or the other? Or could I do both a group interview and an individual interview? Also are group interviews recommended or are individual interviews better?

Thanks!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

sign up? I thought GT interviews (both group and individual) were invite only?

• joyrider8joyrider8 Alum Member
    52 karma

Me too, but it gives the option to pick from a bunch of group interviews. I've never heard of this before... I thought they just send invitations directly.

Maybe they won't let everyone who signs up using this link attend?

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

GT is my top choice:)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

That is so interesting. You have to let us know how that goes. I'm intrigued.

4196 karma

@joyrider8 said:
    Me too, but it gives the option to pick from a bunch of group interviews. I've never heard of this before... I thought they just send invitations directly.

Maybe they won't let everyone who signs up using this link attend?

I've never heard of this, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to sign up?

I'm confused though, why would they interview people who haven't applied yet? Or would you have applied by the time you sign up?

52 karma

One requirement for signing up is that you have to apply or intend to apply this cycle.

But I'm sure they check everyone's credentials before letting them interview. The interviews are all scheduled after the application opens on the 15th.

I signed up. An individual interview invitation isn't guaranteed for me, so might as well sign up for a group one I guess... I need them to notice me and know I'm interested lol

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    edited September 2017 1644 karma

@joyrider8 How to apply for the interview?

4196 karma

@joyrider8 said:
    One requirement for signing up is that you have to apply or intend to apply this cycle.

But I'm sure they check everyone's credentials before letting them interview. The interviews are all scheduled after the application opens on the 15th.

I signed up. An individual interview invitation isn't guaranteed for me, so might as well sign up for a group one I guess... I need them to notice me and know I'm interested lol

I mean, a group interview isn't guaranteed either. but I guess if you have decent numbers and they look through the groups that signed up, they may like those who showed an early voluntary interest.

I think they will base selection on numbers though.

Best of luck!

52 karma

Yeah true that a group interview isn't guaranteed. That's why I mentioned that they will check credentials.

I meant that signing up for a group interview probably makes it likely that they'll give a group interview instead of individual.

I'm a URM scoring in the upper 160s, so I feel like it was worth it to sign up. Not sure, but I guess I'll find out

4196 karma

@joyrider8 said:
    Yeah true that a group interview isn't guaranteed. That's why I mentioned that they will check credentials.

I meant that signing up for a group interview probably makes it likely that they'll give a group interview instead of individual.

I'm a URM scoring in the upper 160s, so I feel like it was worth it to sign up. Not sure, but I guess I'll find out

yeah I get you! hope you get a shot at it, best of luck! :) ;)

52 karma

@dennisgerrard I'm not sure I understand your last question

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@dennisgerrard said:
    GT is my top choice:)

Same. Hope to see you there :)