Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT Morning Nightmare

Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
edited September 2017 in General 877 karma

A reoccurring nightmare of mine is to wake up on September 16 and drive to Starbucks and to accidentally lock my keys in my car (with my ID and admissions ticket) or have my battery die or get a flat tire. It's a somewhat irrational fear, since I've locked my keys in the car once in my life and have never gotten a flat tire.

I did, however, have my battery die once. The day before the June 2017 test actually (Thank God I had postponed my registration weeks before anyways).

This lovely Labor Day morning, 11 days before the September test, I was going about my normal PT morning routine to realize that I left my experimental section at my boyfriends' house (he has an awesome office so I sometimes use his office to study). I called him and asked him to bring my manilla folder out to me so I can just swing by and quickly return to my normal route. So I drive by to grab it and notice that I have some unwanted garbage in my car, so I get out to grab the garbage and dispose of it, only to lock my keys inside my running car. To my dismay, my spare keys are packed away somewhere (I am currently in the process of moving, so many things are packed away in boxes) and now I have to find a lock smith at 6:30am on Labor Day. With no luck.

I called the police department, no luck. I called the Sheriff's office and they were willing to help. So we waited about 30 minutes when a very kind officer came and broke into my car.

But then I noticed that my experimental section was not in the manilla folder. I searched frantically for it, to no avail. I must have left it on my desk at work? Who knows...so with limited PTs scheduled in my future and this being one of the final ones, my Type A personality got the best of me and I started to panic at my loss of control over the situation. I went back to my house to try and find a section-any section-but most of my old LSAT books are used and, therefore, I packed them away thinking that, from this point on, I'll only need the newer stuff. But then I decided to take miscellaneous questions from some practice material I gathered for my warm up and create a custom experimental section. So now I have a hand-made experimental section consisting of 2 LGs and 2 RCs. I may have taken them in the past too- I don't recall haha. Better than nothing I guess?

I've had a lot of weird things happen during a PT morning (one time, I kid you not, a bird flew into me at Barnes and Noble during a PT. Apparently a bird had gotten in the building and then saw the girl trying to study for the LSAT and figured that I was a good target to attack), but this morning really threw me off.

Nonetheless, I am about to go take PT78 with my customized experimental section. It's much later than I usually start and my mental game is a bit thrown off, but I guess I have to prepare for anything right? Including being attacked my birds and have my worst nightmare come to fruition during my PTs (even though, if that happened on September 16, I would, without hesitation, break my car window. This is war, people.)

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Glad it only happened in practice! Don't let it shake you. Once you sit down and start the test, let it all melt away as the test becomes the entirety of existence for the next three hours. You go this.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Now the real thing will be a breeze!

• Sarah889Sarah889 Alum Member
    877 karma

@AllezAllez21@"Cant Get Right" Haha it definitely threw me off for my first section, but by the second section, I was back in my rythme. Definitely a great learning experience

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@bswise2 said:
    Haha it definitely threw me off for my first section, but by the second section, I was back in my rythme. Definitely a great learning experience

Yeah, a rough first section isn't too unexpected. Good job on finding your groove in S2 though, that's a really important skill.