Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improving Logic Games Score

captainoatscaptainoats Alum Member
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 16 karma
Does anyone have any advice for improving my logic games score as quickly as possible? I'm happy with my reading comp and LR scores at the moment, but have found improving in games to be a slow struggle. I've been using JY's method, but with only two weeks left, I'm still only consistently finishing about 3/4 games in 35 minutes. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• km.edelsonkm.edelson Alum Member
    31 karma
    Try approaching your setup and improving your understanding of the game rather than the speed of the whole game, setup and questions combined. Take some tough games and diagram them, and explain to yourself at every step (in writing if need be - sometimes this helps me to avoid taking mental shortcuts) exactly why you're making the choices you are, what the inferences are, why this works, and that does not. And do it multiple times, writing out all possible scenarios - for a given question, write out the incorrect ones too and show yourself why they're incorrect. Try approaching the questions with these detailed, carefully thought out diagrams. In a lot of cases - even really tough games - you can just tick them off since you'll now be able to navigate the game really well in your head (or refer quickly to a completely accurate diagram). Of course, you don't have time to do all of this in a section of a test, but it improved my ability to make accurate inferences quickly by a lot. It also helped me a lot to trust my instincts, identify situations in which it would be useful to write out sub game boards, and make inferences that get re-used in multiple games. It turns out that a lot of the games (I think) that initially present the greatest difficulties are not so bad when you take them apart and figure out how they work. Hope this helps, good luck, and try the method on the hardest, strangest, most visually cumbersome games you can. With enough practice you can make even the harder games much more transparent. Even a few hours of this will go a long way.
  • captainoatscaptainoats Alum Member
    16 karma
    Thank you so much! I'll definitely try that!