Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking Off Prescribed Glasses

AnthonyScaliaAnthonyScalia Alum Member
in General 330 karma

Hi guys! I tried searching for this in the archives, but couldn't find anything that specifically addresses my question.

I wear glasses regularly and typically have them on from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. The only exception is that when I'm working on a laptop or on paper, I occasionally take off my glasses for comfort. Otherwise, I get a headache from prolonged focus on things close to my eyes.

Glasses aren't listed as items allowed to be set on the table during the administration of the test. Will I be permitted to take off my glasses and set them on the table if they begin to bother me during the test? Other people have inquired about bringing extra reading glasses, but my case is the opposite. These are my prescribed glasses that I normally wear, and actually only affect my far vision.

I know the worst case solution would be to put them in my plastic bag right before the exam, but I feel much more comfortable wearing them during the test with the ability to remove them if needed.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I would imagine that placing your glasses to the side of your desk wouldn't be at all a problem.