4 / 5 PT section

law hopefullaw hopeful Member
in General 65 karma

Can somebody please explain that to me? I was under the impression the that LSAT was 4 sections with the additional section for the writing sample... am I wrong?

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited September 2017 12637 karma

4 real sections, 1 experimental section, 1 writing section.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

The LSAT you take on test day will be 5 sections long: 2 LR, 1 LG, 1 RC, and 1 extra of the preceeding sections... not necessarily in that order. That "extra" section is called the experimental section. It is not graded and there is no way legitimate way of identifying it during the test. LSAC uses it to inform future, graded, sections.

The reason that practice tests only have 4 sections is because LSAC doesn't release the experimental sections. One way to recreate realistic test-day conditions is to use a section from a PT you've already taken to supplement a 4 section PT so that you practice taking 5 sections.

• law hopefullaw hopeful Member
    65 karma

@jkatz1488 @"Dillon A. Wright" Are we told which one is the experimental section?

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@"law hopeful" said:
    @jkatz1488 @"Dillon A. Wright" Are we told which one is the experimental section?

https://media.tenor.com/images/7cd90c367c772c539c5f0e5923e54be3/tenor.gif

I wouldn't suggest seeking it out, either. Just complete the test like normal.