Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I answer this question on applications?

Hi everybody,

I keep on seeing this question on applications, and I'm not quite sure how to answer it. Does anybody have any idea?

Here's the question.
"Has your education in college, university, or professional school been interrupted for one term or more for any reason?"

Context: I took a leave of absence from a master's program (it was my second one that I was really just doing until I got a job that paid more than the stipend), and left the degree when I got a "real" job. Would that count as a term being interrupted? I left on good standing with the school, and could resume studies at any time.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I believe that does not count, but I may be wrong.

If I remember, that question only pertains to your undergraduate studies, and if you left for a semester or more then went back. So I don't think your situation counts as that, but don't take my word for it haha.

maybe @"David.Busis" can answer this for you!

• KateelaineKateelaine Alum Member
    172 karma

@TheMikey Thank you for the response! I don't think I the question pertains to me, but I'll shoot an email out to an admission counselor to double check. I was really hoping someone on the forum might have an easy answer so I could avoid asking a school lol.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

@Katharine said:
    @TheMikey Thank you for the response! I don't think I the question pertains to me, but I'll shoot an email out to an admission counselor to double check. I was really hoping someone on the forum might have an easy answer so I could avoid asking a school lol.

Lol yeah sorry. I'm like 90ish% sure that question doesn't apply to you though, but it never hurts to ask an admission counselor! Maybe David will chime in as well, he's an admissions consultant on here so hopefully he can answer this question for you! :)