Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sage Advice? Texans? Anyone who is just decent at giving advice-Florida in panic….

edited September 2017 in General 92 karma

Great news!!! My LSAT relocation got approved, and I get to take the test tomorrow! Thank you everyone for your support and help. Sorry for the delay in response; I have only had power for three hours.
-AJ

Good evening everyone! I hope you are well.

So, me and other Floridians are trying to keep calm as best we can. A lot of us have no power, no water, no food that comes from the ground, huge ass trees knocked over in our front yards, houses in wee bits, etc.

And while most of us are probably just grateful to be alive, the fact of the matter is that most of our state centers are scheduled or are already closed throughout our area.

When I called the LSAC, they said you cannot get relocated within 100 miles of your original location, and almost all motions to be relocated are denied. They also said they will just keep us posted on updates.

So, yeah, as per what the LSAC has said via email and on the phone, we cannot take the test this Saturday.

And I am not trying to be a beeyatch, but:

*I have been studying for this test for almost a year, while teaching four fourteen hour days and one ten.

*I am no spring chicken; I am going to be 29 when I take the LSAT in December.

*I gave up a visiting professorship in Madrid, so I could take two LSATS [September and December] prior to January/February application deadlines.

*I have taken more PTs in the last few months than I would like to acknowledge.

*Have put so much damn money into this damn test.

Sorry, I don’t mean to bitch, and to be honest, people in my day to day do not grasp the commitment this has been, and I am just looking for advice.

-Has LSAT ever made a natural disaster exception and given a test again prior to the quarterly dates (February/June/September/December)?

-Has anyone ever been delayed, and if so what were the consequences? Personally or financially or what have you?

-I am so nervous that I now only have one shot at getting my aspired score prior to college applications being due. I know that this means I have more time to now prep for the December one, but still….

-Just pretty much any advice would be helpful. I know we cannot plan for things like this, but it is not zero power or water for the last five days that is driving me crazy, but this right here! This is the thing that is dragging me down. Thank you all in advanced so much!

Comments

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    edited September 2017 378 karma

A natural disaster occurred that was beyond your control. LSAC is a pile of shit and that's why we are all striving to beat it by doing well on this test. I'll be 29 when I write in December, which is really not that far away - it basically feels like tomorrow for me - and you survived one of the worst natural disasters to ever hit the U.S...

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

I'm in Florida as well! I relocated to DC and will be at Georgetown. There is very cheap flights out of Orlando!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I know everyone's situation is different and not everyone has the means but is there anyway you can pool some money together and get a flight out to a different testing center? I'd be willing to donate a few bucks. I'm so sorry this is happening to you :(

• leslieh327leslieh327 Alum Member
    130 karma

Dang girl hang in there. This is probably this last thing you wanna hear, but whatever is meant to happen will. Maybe there is some crazy hard section on the Sept test that the universe is trying to spare you. Just saying things will work out love! I wish you all the best.

• llorensmallorensma Member
    edited September 2017 10 karma

Is signing up for the makeup test an option? I opted for that since it'll give me more time to study and it'll still give me two chances at the test. I called them this morning and they added a note to my account so I'll be signed up for it.