Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Questions

As probably many of you are, I'm turning my attention to my apps while I wait for my September lsat score. I've already got a couple things finished, like my resume and one addendum, but for the first time tonight I actually started looking through my target schools' applications to see what they ask for. I'm now a giant ball of stress, and I've got a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can help me on!
1) LORs: Some apps say they require 2 but accept 4, etc. Is it best to max out the allowable LORs or are they really just wanting 2?
2) Diversity Statement: I had planned to write a diversity statement, but after looking through the apps of the 9 schools I'm applying to, only two of them have an option for a diversity statement. So I'm guessing there's no way to submit a diversity statement for those schools that don't have an option?
3) Addendums: I have to write a character and fitness addendum because of a misdemeanor I got in college. I may also have to write an addendum on my lsat scores, seeing that my first score was abysmal, and I'm hoping my recent score will be significantly higher. On some apps, I noticed there's only one addendum option. Is there a limit on how many addendums you can write? Is more than one too many?

I'd love any feedback you all can provide. Thanks!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27890 karma

1) They really just want 2. If you send a third one, then all three had better be stellar and indispensable.

2) Look at the addendum prompts. Sometimes the prompt will indicate that a diversity statement is appropriate, sometimes not.

3) From every app I've seen, you must write a C&F statement if you answer yes to any of the C&F questions. If there is no other option to attach anything else, that would be pretty unusual, but I guess that's jus all you get in that situation. I'm less sure about this one, so see what else you can find out.

As far as freaking out and feeling suddenly overwhelmed by your applications, this is very normal. You're not behind, everyone experiences this. It's a lot to do, just read the instructions carefully, and start chipping away at it one piece at a time. You'll be fine.