Guys.....my friends....my people

jonathan.isaiah.collinsjonathan.isaiah.collins Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma

First things first....Hello. I've had this account for some while now, and upon the great debacle that took place during my first go around back in September I decided to see if there's anybody out there that can point me in the direction of sanity.

Leading up to the September Lsat, I self studied for four months, five days a week, at about 6 hours per day. Not really having any concrete approach to go off of I figured that this would be the proper approach. Using the powerscore literature and just about every prep-test, I had averaged in the lower 160s and had convinced myself that the method of studying I chose was producing the wanted outcome.

I scored 142, in September.

While I can't completely explain what happened, I do believe that time management could be part of the issue for me.....outside of that I'm not too sure where to go from here, and I'm looking for some guidance. I can't really afford the effective courses, and what I can afford may not be enough....with that being said my GoFundMe is...kidding.

Somebody help me push the restart button before December gets here.

Thanks

Comments

• thisisspartathisissparta Alum Member
    edited October 2017 1363 karma

Have you looked into buying the Starter 7Sage package and the Trainer? I've read on other forums that for students on a tight budget a combination of those two seem to work well.

• StrangerThanFiction175StrangerThanFiction175 Free Trial Member
    99 karma

Hey Jonathan,

First of all, sorry to hear about September.

The good news is that you have already demonstrated that you are capable of scoring much higher (assuming that your PT were taken under timed conditions). While this must feel disappointing, this is not the end. What is even better news is that you don't really need to press the "restart button" because you have learned enough content to score in the low 160s, which is already in the upper 80th percentile.

What I would recommend is doing everything you can to take the test in conditions closest to real test conditions as possible at least once a week. If you are out of tests, go back to the first test you took and go from there. You want to practice like you play on game day. Think of it like a sport. If you are training to run a marathon what do you do? You get up at the same time one day of the week, eat the exact same food, and get in the exact same mindset so when race day comes it is like any other day.

Otherwise, I would recommend really examining past tests to identify what your weaknesses are. Then, focus on improving in those areas. While a 160 is good, that score still indicates to me there is a lot of things you can learn about the test. For me, LG was my weakness (especially grouping games) so I spent the time between June and September drilling games everyday. Also, I'm interested to know why you think it was a timing issue. To me, it sounds like something happened to your accuracy.

Good Luck!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

7Sage is so awesome. I started off with the LSAT Trainer and while it was very helpful, the lesson structure, community and videos on Sage are very helpful. Like Jonathan above said, is there any way you can scrape some funds together and purchase the starter package here on 7Sage?