Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake Advice? December 2017 Exam

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
in General 3788 karma

I plan to start studying again for the December exam tomorrow, and I wanted to know if the first thing I should be doing is Blind Reviewing the September 2017 exam to see what problem areas I have. Would this be ok even if I plan to take that exam as a preptest? Should I just keep a log of the question types I missed rather than actually going through and reviewing?

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

bump

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I don't know what's best. All I know is when I did a blind review on the Sept test it made me feel really. really. dumb. I have no idea how I missed the questions that I did in LR. I was able to calmly find the correct answer on all but 2 of them, and even those I eventually found.

To your question about keeping a log of what you missed, I also found this to be problematic. I did that before the Sept 2017 test on Pt's and found that I ALWAYS missed at least 1 flaw question. On the Sept 2017 test I didn't miss a single flaw question. So I'm not even sure what to think....

I feel just as lost as you. You are not alone!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

For me, I'm usually good with Necessary Assumption questions, but I ended up missing like 6!. And all my other incorrect answers came from Flaw, Strengthen and Weaken. So, it seems as I have an issue with flawed arguments. After my blind review, I realized that I left at least 8 questions on the table which I should've gotten right! Sigh.. hopefully I can prevent this on December's exam.. Best of luck for the both of us; Hopefully our hard work will pay off. Maybe keeping a log is what helped you not get a single flaw question right this time around? I think the phrasing of the this exam's LR questions definitely invited one to make a lot of careless mistakes if they were not reading carefully due to nerves.