Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferring PDF Files

burstei6burstei6 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in Technical Problems 138 karma
I am trying to transfer course PDF files onto a flash drive so that I may be able use a business size printer at my father's office, rather than print hundreds of pages off of my own printer, or even worse have to pay for them at a public library or something of that nature. However, when I transferred some of the files I wanted to print onto a flash drive for him to take to work, he could not access them once he tried to open any of the PDF's on his own computer. I understand that there may be some copyright restrictions on these files, however by paying for them I thought I would be able to transfer them for the purposes of printing. Can someone please tell me if this is even possible or has been done before?

Comments

• sallyyiisallyyii Alum Member
    3 karma
    How about if you tried accessing 7sage directly from your father's computer and printing that way? I wonder if that'd work
  • burstei6burstei6 Alum Member
    138 karma
    I'm sure that would work but that seems very inconvenient for both my father and myself, I was hoping JY would explain a way for me to transfer files successfully for printing purposes (if you're reading this JY, I assure you I am not trying to share materials, I just don't want to pay another $500 to print out materials I already "have")
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2014 275 karma
    Was he not able to open the PDF files at all? Or was he not able to print them?
    I have had issues with the size of the PDF files (the exams from 7sage are larger than 8.5x11 and so need to be reformatted/shrunk to print properly) but aside from that, I've been able to open up the PDF files without a problem on another computer.
    This may be a hassle, but you could try re-downloading all the PDFs and saving them again onto your flash drive and see how that works out. If you're still not having any luck, I'm not sure...or perhaps your flash drive is the problem? Hope you figure it out!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    This sounds like an issue with your flash drive! None of our PDFs have any security/encryption that would prevent you from opening them. Have you tried emailing them to your father's email?
  • burstei6burstei6 Alum Member
    138 karma
    Thanks Dillon, I will try a different flash drive and see what happens.