Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strengthen v. Weaken

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member

Hey, guys! Does anyone find strengthen questions harder than weaken questions? I'm not really sure if you should find one easier than the other but for some reason my brain says that strengthen should be easier than weaken. I get the task for strengthen questions but for some reason I'm having a harder time with strengthen than weaken questions.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tanes256 said:
    Hey, guys! Does anyone find strengthen questions harder than weaken questions? I'm not really sure if you should find one easier than the other but for some reason my brain says that strengthen should be easier than weaken. I get the task for strengthen questions but for some reason I'm having a harder time with strengthen than weaken questions.

Hmm... I always really liked both of these types of questions. I just feel like both clicked for me early on.

What aspects of strengthen questions seem to give you a hard time?

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@"Alex Divine" I honestly don't know. I feel like I understand the task well. It's almost too simple. Pick the AC that helps the conclusion stand or makes the conclusion more likely. I almost feel turned around when I hit strengthen questions. I just can't put my finger on it. I'm really not sure. I've been doing the Cambridge pkg and on level one I missed 10 out of 54. That seems too high to me and it's just a level one question. I watched the webinar on strengthen and weaken questions some time ago and I've been trying to keep causation/correlation, hypothesis/phenomena and analogy in my head when I hit the argument but maybe I'm trying to keep too much in mind? I've stopped trying to recall that info this time around to see how I perform.