Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application Question

Michael MaMichael Ma Alum Member

I was wondering what would happen if I didn't apply this cycle. I already have my LOR and transcript sent in to LSAC. I'm planning on retaking the LSAT in December, but if I don't get the score I want again, I'll have to apply next cycle. Will I have to resend my transcript and ask for LORs again or can I use the same LOR and transcript for next cycle? Thanks!

Comments

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I think it's normally recommended to reach out to the recommenders to advise that you'll be postponing a cycle. Unless you're still taking classes, I do not believe you need to re-submit your transcript. Of course if you have grades between now and when you eventually apply, you'll need an updated version sent. :)

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Once LORs are sent to LSAC, they are valid for 5 years.

• Michael MaMichael Ma Alum Member
    186 karma

Okay cool. Thanks guys!

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

It's different for Canadian schools vs US schools.

For US schools, like @AllezAllez21 says they're good for at least 5 years as each time you buy something in the LSAC site your 5 years restarts.

Most letters don't need refreshing, especially academic ones. If you have professional ones, if you've been promoted, won an award it might warrant an update.

I believe Canadian schools, LORs are need to be resubmitted each cycle.