Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Successfully completed a 25 in 25 today and have questions...

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage

I did my first fully timed LR section today since the Sept test. I created a simplified skipping strategy...basically there were ones I knew and ones that confused me. I skipped the ones that confused me as soon as I realized I was spinning my wheels (total 4 questions). I finished the section in 25:43 (okay so sue me it's not exactly 25/25) which gave me AMPLE time to go back and address the ones I was confused on. I was able to tackle one of the 4 no problem but the other three still gave me pause. After struggling with them for roughly 10min or so I finished up and graded the section. -2 total.

My question is when you go back to the questions you skipped over in the initial 25 in 25 phase (had a rough answer but were not 100% on) how do you approach which ones you tackle first? I kind of skipped back and forth between all 4 because I was too scared to get entrenched in one and run out of time for the other 3.

Is there a method to identify which problems I should address first? Should I just go in order until I solve them and keep E bubbled for the rest if I don't get to them?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I always go back to the ones that I was able to at least understand a little, or eliminate one or more of the answer choices. This is consistent with the "low hanging fruit" mentality. Once I get those questions, then I tackle any questions which I was lost on. I find that these are best saved for last because often we just need time to go back with a fresh set of eyes/ clear mindset.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I always go back to the ones that I was able to at least understand a little, or eliminate one or more of the answer choices. This is consistent with the "low hanging fruit" mentality. Once I get those questions, then I tackle any questions which I was lost on. I find that these are best saved for last because often we just need time to go back with a fresh set of eyes/ clear mindset.

I guess my issue is that when I circle it, I feel like they are all equal in difficulty and don't really have a gauge for which one is the low hanging fruit? I would spend a couple mins on one then move to the next and feel equally stuck all around. It's hard to explain what I mean...but they were all really hard questions for me.

Idk if this helps but they were;
    1.) Principle conforms
    2.) Weaken
    3.) Flaw
    4.) Agree

I was able to figure out the Principle/Flaw but the agree/weaken killed me still.