Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Drilling Advice

khanrsoniakhanrsonia Alum Member

Hi Guys!

I currently drilling Games and as per JY's advice I've printed out multiple clean copies. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should space out doing a game.

I find that I have trouble on a game the first time but after watching the explanation its crystal clear and when I do it again I get great timing and 0 wrong. Should I keep doing the game multiple times in a day and then move onto another one or should I do it until I feel confident and revisit it in a few days and see if I'm consistent?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

If you get it -0 after watching the video without trouble, that's a great sign. Maybe try redoing it the next day/next week just to make sure you still got it down.

• khanrsoniakhanrsonia Alum Member
    42 karma

Thank you so much Alex! I was thinking that might be the case. Sending good vibes your way dude :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@khanrsonia said:
    Thank you so much Alex! I was thinking that might be the case. Sending good vibes your way dude :)

Right back at ya, dude! :)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Thanks for posting, I've actually had the same question. Usually nail it after watching the explanation and not sure how many times I should keep doing it, haha. I like the strategy though @"Alex Divine", thanks!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Thanks for posting, I've actually had the same question. Usually nail it after watching the explanation and not sure how many times I should keep doing it, haha. I like the strategy though @"Alex Divine", thanks!

No problem!

I've actually had pretty good success with doing the game, watching the video, doing it again right after. Then I usually put it aside for 3-5 days or so before I do it again. This way I'm able to cycle through more games while still fool proofing them.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited October 2017 3072 karma

I did 3-5 LG sections a day about 4 days a week for the two months leading up to the test. By the time I started that segment of my training, I had already completed all LG 2-3 or more times. I found the steady pacing of timed sections a great way to keep my mind in shape, and it forced my brain to think reflexively about LG after a good while.

Make sure you are able to fit enough LR and RC into your schedule without burning out, though. If you can do that many LG and an LR or RC or two of either in any combination without feeling terribly burnt out, then you should be in pretty good shape for the exam, I'd say.

I took the last two weeks leading up to my exam off to rest my brain. I spent the day before my exam getting used to the test center and being in downtown Boston in a hotel. I did some untimed work in all three section types the night before my exam and DID NOT CHECK ANSWERS. I did a timed LG game and an untimed LR section the morning of the exam (but should have also looked over one RC passage), and DID NOT SCORE them. I brought a completed test I had performed well on recently to the test center to browse while I waited to sit. I used the restroom, stretched, had a small snack, and did box breathing for 5 minutes or so at the break. That's it.

It's a lifestyle thing, not just drilling. :)